What's new

Need a friend who likes PSP in Japan

miedan4ever

後輩
18 Oct 2005
Ive been trying to get some in contact with someone in Japan and hoping to build a friendship and have interest in PSP (playstation portable). Import games here in the US where Im living at are quite expensive. I am hoping to get some connection from someone in Japan and that I can either trade, buy, or sell PSP games and accesories. My wife is Japanese but she cant really help me that much since she doesnt have any family back in Japan. All she could do is read and bid on yahoo auction japan but 99% of the sellers wont ship to the US.

TwistedMac said:
I highly recommend www.playasia.com

bought a few games off of them some time ago and the delivery has always been swift and the shipping very cheap.

I second that. PlayAsia sent me a graphite DS and Jump Superstars and it arrived in three days from Hong Kong....which is alot faster than other importers I have used. Just my 2C.

or try lik-sang.com
supposedly shipping within 24hours, no shipping costs. for some things

Just about any games sold in import shops are cheaper to buy in yen and have shipped to you... if someone will do it for free. Airmail (non secure) is only 330 yen. Here's an example:

Amazon selling Y's for the PSP. Retail is 5040 yen, and they've got it marked down to 4284 -- happens often for new releases in Japan, but almost never on Lik Sang, Play Asia, etc.

Here's the same game at Lik Sang for $59.90 and Play Asia for $52.90. Either one is cheaper to have bought in Japan and shipped airmail. This isn't the case for every game, but most of them.

I did what you're wanting someone to do for years... but it was a side job. I dobut you'll find anyone to do it for free, as it's so time consuming, and as pointed out, there's good money in it. It is anything but cost-prohibitive.

On that note, I've ordered a couple of things from Play Asia. Hong Kong to Hawaii for some reason goes via England or something. Takes two weeks or so. I don't order from them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom