What's new

NBA

Dream Time

後輩
20 Jul 2003
NBA season just started,and I've been busy watching NBA on TV and talking about NBA with other basketball fans
it has been quite exciting this year

LeBron James
wow,this 18 year old rookie from high school,
I saw his first game and I was shocked to see his abilities,
how matured he is,and he has very high basketball IQ
I mean.. 25 points,9 assists and 5 rebounds in his first pro game against the Kings,which is one of the top teams even without Chris Webber. he isn't stable because there are lots of pressures on him from the media and fans,and there are no veteran players in his team,so he is the leader and Ace of the team at the age of 18,
the Cavs will have to bring in some veteran players and a player who is good at scoring to help take some pressure off Lebron,otherwise the road will be very tough for him and the team.

Yao Ming
great,getting stronger and more defensive awareness now,
Jeff Van Gundy,the new coach of the Rockets,who really wants his team to play tough defense,and likes to have a good center on his team,
he is going to help Yao Ming alot
(Van Gundy had praised Yao Ming many times when he was a commentator)

also the great center Patrick Ewing,who joined the Rockets as an assistant coach, will be very helpful to Yao's development

Good observations and you're absolutely right about both the players you mentioned. Lebron is for real. Although... I can't help but wonder if he is emotionally and mentally ready to handle the kind of spotlight he now finds himself in. Can he mature fast enough not to squander his talent as well as his money without getting into trouble off the court and letting the excesses go to his head? I mean... from high-school senior to NBA superstar almost overnight? That's a tough transition for anyone to make imho. Only time will tell but if he can stay on the straight and narrow and keep the focus on his game, then he has the potential to be a true pioneer. And as far as Yao goes, he is only going to get better as time progresses. The guy is got game for sure, he just needs the experience that comes with time to polish his skills and he'll rank right up there with the best (if not surpass them).
:)

Yao Ming is the man

Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy has said that Yao Ming will be the man,
this will be Yao Ming's team,not Steve Francis',the Rockets had put their main focus on the backcourt positions for the past 5 years,
Jeff Van Gundy will shift from the 'the Franchise' to 'the Dynasty'
he said that many plays will go through Yao Ming,
espescially on the offense,the focus point will be on Yao

I've heard that Yao had received some lessons from his idol Hakeem Olajuwon during the summer
Yao's defensive awareness were not that good last year,and he was not physically tough,this year he had gained like 20 pounds,
Jeff Van Gundy is known to love playing hard defense,
and his former player,great center Patrick Ewing,now the assistant coach of the Rockets,will sure help Yao Ming to become a better center,and better player.

Originally posted by Iron Chef
Good observations and you're absolutely right about both the players you mentioned. Lebron is for real. Although... I can't help but wonder if he is emotionally and mentally ready to handle the kind of spotlight he now finds himself in. Can he mature fast enough not to squander his talent as well as his money without getting into trouble off the court and letting the excesses go to his head? I mean... from high-school senior to NBA superstar almost overnight? That's a tough transition for anyone to make imho. Only time will tell but if he can stay on the straight and narrow and keep the focus on his game, then he has the potential to be a true pioneer. And as far as Yao goes, he is only going to get better as time progresses. The guy is got game for sure, he just needs the experience that comes with time to polish his skills and he'll rank right up there with the best (if not surpass them).

LeBron is only 18..little older than me,but he is already a superstar...it is just hard to imagine...

I've heard that he actually still lives with his mother,
so I hope that helps him to stay away from trouble,
also for this reason I think the Cavs really need a veteran player or someone to 'supervise' him,help him to take off some of the pressure,and keep him on the right road

from what I see and feel about him,I think he is a good guy,
I hope that he and his career will not be ruined by troubles (money,girls,drugs...ect)

I was really suprised by his abilities,his basketball IQ,how well he reads the court and finds his teammates..
👍

Yao Ming swats the ball out of bounce
1_61244700_20031031104328-1.jpg

jump hook
Img215029632-1.jpg

Carmelo Anthony tried to dunk over Yao with 2 hands,
Yao blocked the dunk
then Anthony got the ball back,shot again,got blocked by Yao again

03_10_30_block_carmelo-1.jpg

Heh, that last pic is sweet. I remember watching the first televised game between Shaq and Yao awhile back and how all the media were hyping it up (as the media tends to do) and I think Yao got a couple blocks on Shaq when they announcer turned to his partner and asked "When was the last time you saw Shaq get blocked on a dunk attempt?" The other announcer responded "Uh... I don't think I ever." Heh.

Originally posted by Iron Chef
Heh, that last pic is sweet. I remember watching the first televised game between Shaq and Yao awhile back and how all the media were hyping it up (as the media tends to do) and I think Yao got a couple blocks on Shaq when they announcer turned to his partner and asked "When was the last time you saw Shaq get blocked on a dunk attempt?" The other announcer responded "Uh... I don't think I ever." Heh.

I've recorded the game,I was very excited although Shaq had better stats than Yao in the game,
many Chinese fans wants to see Yao defeat Shaq
and plus all the racist things that Shaq said towards the Chinese
it was like adding oil to the fire

Shaq had his first 3 shots blocked by Yao,
although Shaq had better numbers,Yao's Rockets got the victory,
I was suprised and excited while watching the game especially when Yao blocked Shaq

Originally posted by Dream Time

Shaq had his first 3 shots blocked by Yao,
although Shaq had better numbers,Yao's Rockets got the victory,
I was suprised and excited while watching the game especially when Yao blocked Shaq

Yeah, me too... Hopefully they're gonna feed the ball to Yao more this season. Too bad Cuttino is running the point, as he's more of a shooter than a passer.

Speaking of Shaq, never liked him.... He's even trashtalking to Kobe (the guy who actually scores on a consistent basis without relying on excessive weight)

Heh. Shaq's the man though, and if you wanna be the man then you got to beat the man as they say. 8-p I've been a Lakers fan forever (not a bandwagoner once they started winning) ever since I used to live in Orange County. Back then, it was all about Magic, Kareem, Worthy, and the rest of the "Showtime" crew. Since then they've had their ups and downs but I still stick with them whether they are winning or losing.

Funny though, because when I think about it... my two favorite players also happen to be the ones surrounded by the most controversy (Webber and Bryant). Had a chance to see Webber play against my high school back in the day when he was a senior at Detroit Country Day and the kid was phenomenal (not to mention the Fab crew days at U of M) and i've been a fan ever since.

Last edited:
True... Centres tend to be the position that is hardest to fill and maybe that's why Shaq is so popular...... Teams can replace their forwards and guards, but it's tough to find a true Center. Part of the reason why i'm getting killed in my VGM... i only have Brad Miller and Zydrunas as my Centers.
:eek:

I used to be a huge Sacremento fan. But somehow after all those trades out and coaching changes, it's hard to say which team I liked most now. Yao+Van Gundy, KG+spree+cassell...

Yeah, KG has been really coming on strong the last couple years. Everyone has always known he was good but I think ever since last year people are seeing how truly GREAT the guy is. Whether that momentum continues to carry him this year as he comes into his own remains to be seen but I hope it does, he deserves it.

Rockets at Nets

Rockets won,but the game was not pretty,Yao only had 10 points,
he didn't get the ball enough times
Yao had some good positions but his teammates didn't give him the ball too many times.

I was like : 'give Yao the damn ball!!!!'

@ Ironchef, go KG go! It's going to be fun watching him getting all those triple-doubles this season.... speaking of which, tonite's OT game vs. Sacremento was a thriller....

@ Dreamtime, isn't that avatar from Slam Dunk? Gosh, i've only seen up to ep 26, and dying to get my hands on an online version for the rest too....

@
samuraitora,Shadow

my avatar is Hanamichi Sakuragi,the main character of basketball manga Slam Dunk,
I started reading this manga when I was 9,and then due to the influence of this manga,I started watching and playing lots of basketball

Originally posted by Shadow
Yeah, me too... Hopefully they're gonna feed the ball to Yao more this season. Too bad Cuttino is running the point, as he's more of a shooter than a passer.

Speaking of Shaq, never liked him.... He's even trashtalking to Kobe (the guy who actually scores on a consistent basis without relying on excessive weight)

I've heard that Steve Francis is jealous of Yao Ming after coach Jeff Van Gundy said Yao is the man of the team,the Rockets is now Yao's team.
so Francis and Mobley do not always pass the ball to Yao,they want to score more than Yao.

I liked Shaq while he was in Orlando,because I am a fan of the Magic,
but I dislike him after he signed with the Lakers,
ya Kobe does not rely of excessive weight to score,but the Lakers rely on Shaq to win games and championships.

Originally posted by Shadow

@ Dreamtime, isn't that avatar from Slam Dunk? Gosh, i've only seen up to ep 26, and dying to get my hands on an online version for the rest too....

I had only seen a little bit of the anime version when I was in Hong Kong
I am trying to get the vcd or dvd of it
I got almost the whole set of the manga except volumes 8 and 26

Magic lost 3 in a row

Magic 100
Bulls 106

Tracy McGrady had 23 points in 43 minutes
4 points in the second half as Bulls played zone defense on him
he also played 24 straight minutes

Magic has lost 3 in a row,they last lost to the Knicks 75 - 68 and shot a franchise low 25% (21 for 84)

they will need a consistent second scorer,T-Mac has lots of pressure on himelf now.
and a big man,rebounder

Surely I am dating myself, but I remember when Jordan played for the Bulls. He was the most amazing player I have ever seen. He was even nicer in person.

Jordan said he would not play for any coaches other than Phil Jackson,
but then he played for the Wizards and the coach was Doug Colins.

he came back from the retirement to play for the Wizards,
yes he probably still loves the game,
but he also loves the money,it was just his commercial strategy to use his nam to attract fans to go see Wizards games,and improve the team record,and then gets back his interest of the team and start earning money.

Back
Top Bottom