What's new

natural/cultural cities

pika la

先輩
23 Dec 2004
I'm curious... I just watched a program on TV about Kanazawa, Ishikawa.. and it seems so nice!!

Can you tell me some other areas/cities in Japan that..

-have some neat cultural traditions, etc
-have nice vegetation, nature, etc. (are beautiful)
-that have a winter
-cities that are cities, but still are very natural

Etc etc.

I just want to know some nice places to live~~ And if you provide links that would be great, but not needed.

You're right, kanazawa is a city, but I think it is very cozy one not like Kyoto or Tokyo.
Beautiful mountains, good hot spring resorts, ski areas, and just drive north to the Noto Peninsula, you can find beautiful rice terraces.
IMG0040-1.jpg

I suppose Kanazawa or Ishikawa would be like a toy box for Canadians like you.

Yea, because I'm from Vancouver.. I want to find a similar type natural city ^^;

So can you tell me any more about Kanazawa then? (I can't find any good link either)

If you're from Vancouver, I am 100% sure that you like Kanazawa.
Maybe you can find history/culture stuffs like the one of the richest local city and the local feudal lord, Maeda family, by yourself. I can tell you a lot about Katamachi in Kanazawa city. Katamachi is a red-light district, but not as flashy as Shinjuku/Shibuya, Tokyo, or Nanba, Osaka. There are many good Japanese style pubs, and clubs for music like CBGB, actually I often went to see gigs. After that, I went to a bar owned by a guy loving rock.
Before Kanazawa I went though 2 winters in Sapporo, so for me it was not that cold there.

Back
Top Bottom