Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Its a Fiasco in the Making!

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Martialartsnovice

Custom Graphix Artist
24 Oct 2004
Here it is, I started this poll to further see how this my idea of Nascar in japan, would end. I am going make a poll, ot vote on. So send me any feedback you can. Thanks for reading.

w400-1.jpg

Haha. I've been waiting forever to use that picture.

But seriously, I'm not really a fan of Nascar (If you couldn't tell) and I think it would only damage Japanese culture, we don't need more Japanese converting to redneck-ism. Heh. Sorry if I seem unkind, and I encourage Nascar fans to vote in favor of it, but that picture had to be used. Heh.

King of Tokyo said:
But seriously, I'm not really a fan of Nascar (If you couldn't tell) and I think it would only damage Japanese culture, we don't need more Japanese converting to redneck-ism. Heh. Sorry if I seem unkind, and I encourage Nascar fans to vote in favor of it, but that picture had to be used. Heh.

Hmm.. I'd find it funny if I hadn't seen that picture used too many times. It gets kind of old. But I certainly understand it, you get offended when you hear redneck used negatively. Heh. I didn't mean to be offensive, as I made sure to state I was only joking, and not trying to be hurtful, I just couldn't pass up an opportunity to use that picture. I atleast find the humor in it. But yeah, I don't want to turn this into the usual flame-fest that ensues in these situations. Sorry if it is hurtful to anyone, but I wouldn't take it too seriously.

What?

I just found the picture the other day and I was burning for a chance to use it.

But I'm glad I understand now. Derogatory terms are alright just so long as one is only joking.

mikecash said:
What?

I just found the picture the other day and I was burning for a chance to use it.

Heh.

mikecash said:
But I'm glad I understand now. Derogatory terms are alright just so long as one is only joking.

Well to me, redneck isn't really derogatory, it is usually said in a joking manner. I believe you take it jokingly too, as you even call yourself a "Certified Redneck" in your profile. I was thiking that people would take it lightly as you seem to in your profile, but I guess I thought wrong. Heh.

It's like the N-word. Some people are allowed to use it, and others aren't.

mikecash said:
It's like the N-word. Some people are allowed to use it, and others aren't.
I wouldn't compare Redneck to the N-Word. They have a very different history. They are slightly similar, but one is much more serious than the other.

And I'm not allowed to use it? Why?

NASCAR--the WWF of motor sports

NASCAR racing used to be a sport. Now, it is an event.

When the president of a sporting hegemony openly states that he has a favorite participant (Bill France Jr, of the late Dale Earnhardt while he still breathed, and in fact was that year's champion--surprise-surprise), you must wonder about the impartiality of the officials. If the Interim-Commisioner-for-Life of MLB came out and stated that his favorite team was the NY Yankees, you would wonder about Baseball, wouldn't you? At least you would if you were not a Yankee fan!

The funny way that the rules are enforced on the track over the last fifteen years made me an un-believer. I think that the Japanese fans are a little too sophisticated to be long taken in by the glitz and shallow glamor of NASCAR.

Cogito ergo zoom! I think therefore I go fast!

Last edited:
Bad words...gimmee a break here!

King of Tokyo said:
I wouldn't compare Redneck to the N-Word.

And I'm not allowed to use it? Why?

Why? Why are words different? Why should anyone be given special licence in regard to the use of WORDS?

I think it is a dangerous precedent, and one that is unconstitutional here in the USA. I don't like it when we pander to any special interest group, be it Jews, Blacks, Asians, women, or what have you. Once it starts, it will never end.

Here, if you are male, Caucasian, and not totally marinated in guilt, you are the bad-guy.

Horse-hockey!

I believe it is bad manners to use the words "nigger" or "kike" or "wop" or any of the other amusing varieties that are out there, but there is a big difference between poor conduct and the attitude of the PC crowd who would arrest and convict on the bases of what you were thinking when you uttered these words.

Just my opinion, but what do I know?

Well, the N-word has lost its original meaning. Its original meaning was Lazy, slothful, sluggish, etc. Its current meaning came from the slave owners and slave traders, to make themselves seem above their slaves.

Redneck originaly came from the West Indies, it was given by the Indians living their to describe the burned necks and backs of the Scotts-Irish, Irish, and Scottish Highlander, who had been sent there to work the plantations of sugar cane, and various crops. It made its way to the Southern US, via the slaves sent up from the islands to work in the mainland plantations. It was given its current meaning by the freed blacks after the American Civil war.

I honestly don't think it would catch on in Japan. Open wheel racing is very popular. Formula Nippon, Japanese F3000 and when Formula One comes to Japan it's so popular that they have to hold a lottery for the tickets. It's almost always completely sold out.

Somehow I don't see the same passion for NASCAR....

I Think It Might If......

we combined it with an already successful sport there now! Have the cars be driven by J-baseball players and the trucks by Sumo's.

Frank

😊 :eek: :D

NASCAR in Japan, eh? But, in this case, the racers would spend the day making right turns instead of left turns! HA! Sometimes I just kill myself!
:D

As for the "boring" part, it depends on the individual. Me? I can take it or leave it, but it's fun to watch the crashes, which for some, is the true appeal of stock car racing. And, like it or not, NASCAR is thought of as being the fourth most popular sport in the U.S. after football, baseball and basketball. Yeah, I know. I can't figure it out either.
:eek:

Back
Top Bottom