arnadstephen

先輩
8 Oct 2002
I saved this from a business magazine.

How are prices today ?

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
NARITA AIRPORT TO TOKYO

I have this, date is "October 2002"

Tokyo Narita airport is 42 miles from the city. Take either the Narita Express train ( $26) or Airport Limousine Bus ( $26) into town. Or book one the less-frequent buses or vans that stops at major hotels. By road the trip takes 60-90 minutes; byt train 53 minutes. Taxis are prohibitive - about $ 225.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

according to the chart in the book i got last month (dating for concerns of validity)
narita terminal 1 & 2 to keisei ueno
keisei skyliner -- 56min -- ツ??,920
keisei line -- 70~80 min -- ツ??,000

want the phone numbers of limo bus, jr line, keisei line?

Take the Skyliner! It is the best choice by far.

Do not get off at Ueno. Get off one station early. Then you can walk right over to the next platform and catch the JR.

Narita Airport to tokyooooooooooooooo

I am receiving this on my computer (at home and work)

Could you post differently !

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
according to the chart in the book i got last month (dating for concerns of validity)
narita terminal 1 & 2 to keisei ueno
keisei skyliner -- 56min -- ツ??,920
keisei line -- 70~80 min -- ツ??,000

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

"Could you post differently!"
why? it looks fine on mine

"Do not get off at Ueno. Get off one station early. Then you can walk right over to the next platform and catch the JR."
dude! i have been 8 times and did not realize that until this last trip! phat!
incredible, good info!

If ur staying in japan for more then 7 days u should get the JR rail pass ! it costs about 150 US dollars and u can travel on any JR line for free!! even the Shinkansens!! its a bargain! oh and theres a JR line from Narita Airport to Tokyo and u can use the JR rail pass for that too

Well, when I visited Japan in August of last year, I rode the JR Airport Express train ($33.00 if memory serves) into Tokyo as it stopped right at the hotel where I was staying, the Shinagawa Prince. The trip took little under an hour and was quite pleasant.
:)

The Shinagawa Prince Hotel? They used to have a great breakfast buffet. And, my friends and I used to go there and rent the ping-pong tables - do they still have them?

I don't recall seeing ping-pong tables, but good god, they have just about everything else! The place blew my tiny little mind! A two floor bowling alley! An IMAX theater! An Internet cafe! And restaurants up the wazoo! Incredible! If I ever return to Japan, I'll definitely want to stay there!
:)

Shinagawa is also cool because it is near the temple that was the center of the story of the 47 Ronin. I had read the book years before, and was thrilled to finally be able to visit the actual temple. I even saw the water well where they washed the severed heads (yuck). Does anyone remember the name of that temple?

Back
Top Bottom