What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Name that song....?

Link CJ

後輩
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Back when I was an exchange student in Japan (waaaay back in the 90's ;-) ) there was this song that I abosolutly loved, and it was pretty popular.

I pretty sure it was called "Easy to Dance", at least that was the main chorus of the song. And I'm pretty sure the band's name was TRA.

Does anyone know anything about this song or the band? I haven't been able to find anything on the Web about them; maybe they were a one hit wonder.

MHtrStevie

Sempai
Reaction score
Well, I could be wrong about this, but it does sound like the right timeframe...

I think the reason you're not finding much is that both the band name and song title you have are just slightly off... again, I'm just assuming but I think the song you're talking about is called "EZ Do Dance" from the group TRF, and they were definitely not a one-hit wonder. It is a '90s song, one of many hits from the groups associated with Japanese music producer Tetsuya Komuro. The group featured five members, but I think only two were actually involved with the music while the other three were primarily dancers.

The lead singer is Yuki, who also did some solo work with TK on the soundtrack to an animated film "Elma no bouken"... a song called "dragons' dance". The other TRF member I know by name is Sam, who was one of the dancers... but I know him more for marrying fellow pop idol Namie Amuro than for his career with TRF and otherwise.

With this info, I think you'll be more successful hunting down sites on the 'Net which can tell the rest of the story... good luck!

🙂

Link CJ

後輩
Reaction score
Yep. That's definitely the one.

Thanks much!!! :D

MHtrStevie said:
Well, I could be wrong about this, but it does sound like the right timeframe...

I think the reason you're not finding much is that both the band name and song title you have are just slightly off... again, I'm just assuming but I think the song you're talking about is called "EZ Do Dance" from the group TRF, and they were definitely not a one-hit wonder. It is a '90s song, one of many hits from the groups associated with Japanese music producer Tetsuya Komuro. The group featured five members, but I think only two were actually involved with the music while the other three were primarily dancers.

The lead singer is Yuki, who also did some solo work with TK on the soundtrack to an animated film "Elma no bouken"... a song called "dragons' dance". The other TRF member I know by name is Sam, who was one of the dancers... but I know him more for marrying fellow pop idol Namie Amuro than for his career with TRF and otherwise.

With this info, I think you'll be more successful hunting down sites on the 'Net which can tell the rest of the story... good luck!

🙂

Top Bottom