What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

My new signpost

whis4ey

先輩
Reaction score
This is the sign post I have carved out of an old piece of pitch pine
It is not the official entrance to my garden (which I hope will be more grand) but is intended to look as though it has been in place for a long time
The official entrance will be at the other end of the garden, and will constitute a large thatched archway with hardwood gates
The sign reads 'Mount Fuji' or 'Fujiyama' or 'Fujisan' as takes your fancy
I call my garden the Fujiyama Japanese Garden
You can find the link to the garden in another post to this forum
The carving was my first ever attempt with a new 'Dremel' which my wife bought me for Christmas. I found it to be quite easy to adapt to, so long as you take your time
Do you like it? Would you now be prepared to try this yourself? have I given you an idea?
Let me know what you think
Sam

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Looks fantastic, Sam, thanks for sharing! However, given my poor craftsmanship, I'd be reluctant to try myself.
:)

jeisan

Kongming
Reaction score
thats a cool signpost man, maybe i should make of of those, dunno what it would be for though... ill have to think of something.

kinjo

Sempai
Reaction score
Wow!!! Sam you are not going to beleive this,,, I feel as if I already know you!! haha , I'm so sorry I missed your previous posts on the thread "Japanese garden find" I just went back over the thread and read them,, and Yes I was snoopin in your beautiful garden,, hahaha,, your title now "Whisky4 ect" set my mind into a whirl,,especially because it was connected to a Japanese garden, hey I'm going to come see your Garden in the summer, (I'l wait for an invite of course first,lol because I'm very very shy ect:) It's a pleasure to met you at last🙂

whis4ey

先輩
Reaction score
These Belfast folks sure are slow to speak to a 'body'
Haven't met anyone from Northern Ireland yet who is shy? You gonna be the first Deborah?
:D
Sam

Top Bottom