What's new

My computer! It diesss!!

Jericho Desu

七転八起
23 Feb 2008
Ahem, as you can tell I've been having some computer trouble lately, basically when the windows logo shows up during startup it suddenly shuts itself down and restarts back up again. I have googled and contacted the people who made it (was custom made) and they all point to the XP disk which I no longer posses but will on monday via a friend.

However there are other problems starting to prop up like for example I couldn't get into BIOS (where you press the tab key when it says) even though I can still get into safe mode although one time it froze trying to. Also during the one time I was able to get through normally after hours of trying yesterday my headphones weren't working on it, like I couldn't hear anything on youtube but the headphones work fine on my mum's laptop and the speakers were ok too.

I'm wondering if this really is a software problem or something abit worse, have any of you guys experienced these kind of problems? If so please tell me what was wrong and how you resolved it.

Thanks!

In my case, similar things started happening, which could be evaded for a time but finally died. It was a built-to-order desktop PC that served me well (used intensively with power/memory hogging software, nearly 24/7 basis) for more than 8 years.
It was basically the hard disk that died.

The Mac is no exception. Similar happened to my daughter's iMac after 8 to 9 years of intensive use. The problem was also the hard disk.

I have some problems with Windows XP lately.
Sometimes when i switch off the computer it doesn't respond ! So i had to press and hold the power button.
Also,When i open the photoshop it freezed and i lost the design =_=
Down Microsoft.

It's not Microsoft's fault that your computer performs poorly. Maybe you installed a version of Windows that takes up more system resources than you have in your computer. Maybe you're running too many programs at once. Perhaps there is something wrong with your computer's RAM, hard drive, or motherboard. Try as we may to dumb computers down, they are still much more complicated than people care to admit.

I purchased a Macbook Pro in July 2007. I owned this computer from July '07 to January '09. It was a goddamn nightmare to say the very least. I don't even want to tell you how many times I sent it in for repairs. It was the motherboard dying, screen dying, case being distorted and cracked from overheating, RAM going bad, and so on. And, being a certified computer technician that I am, I would try and chat with the workers at the "Genius" bar. And they were not very polite to me. I often told them what the problem was, and they would tell me they'd have to keep it at the store a couple of days and look it through. AND THEN, they would call me up, tell me it was the problem I told them it was, and that they were sending it to one of their repair centers to fix it. That happened about 8 times.

So, hey, you can think Apple and OS X is the superior computer, but having been an Apple fanboy myself, I can tell you without hesitation that you'd be better off taking a class on computer maintenance, and building your own.

Back
Top Bottom