What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

My Blog

Mikawa Ossan

気づいたらカッパだ
Reaction score
Yes, I have jumped on the bandwagon and started a blog of my own. It's been up for less than a week, and it's still a work in progress (just wait till I figure out how to program stylesheets!)

Anyway, it's roughly half Japanese and half English in content, and it contains (will contain) my thoughts on various topics, etc.

So if you have a couple of minutes on your hands, stop by, and say hi!🙂

www.mikawa-ossan.blogspot.com

J44xm

経験値が足りない
Reaction score
I must encourage everyone to visit, for the blog is excellent!
And who knows ... you just might learn a thing or two ...

Mikawa Ossan

気づいたらカッパだ
Reaction score
Yeah, like how NOT to do a blog! :p

Thanks for the encouragement, though! Your blog is excellent stuff, too, Jonathon!

misa.j

先輩
Reaction score
Hey Mikawa Ossan!

It's nice to see that you have a blog, too. I can only read English part of it, but I will check it out.

Mikawa Ossan

気づいたらカッパだ
Reaction score
Thanks, Misa! Looking at your blog makes me really want to get a new digital camera...

RockLee

Hullu
Reaction score
Oh noes !!!! Mikawa turned into a set of hamburgers :D !! Nice blogs ya'all ! I'm gonna make my own from scratch when I feel like it / have time.

Davey

Contributor
Reaction score
Cool Blog, I will keep an eye on it so now and then! lol, we have ( well some of the guys in here) a MSN Space community, and now a Blogspot community! Cool!!!

osias

先輩
Reaction score
RockLee said:
Oh noes !!!! Mikawa turned into a set of hamburgers :D !! Nice blogs ya'all ! I'm gonna make my own from scratch when I feel like it / have time.
Not hamburgers, dorayaki...

Attachments

• chi4431fc-img600x450-1151646536img_2046.jpg
    chi4431fc-img600x450-1151646536img_2046.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 59

Mikawa Ossan

気づいたらカッパだ
Reaction score
That's right, they're dorayaki!

Dorayaki are a kind of Japanese confectionary that are basically two sweet pancakes sandwiched together with red bean paste inside.

I guess they don't translate very well cross-culturally...

J44xm

経験値が足りない
Reaction score
Well ... I did think they were pancakes. Apparently not TOO far off the mark.

RockLee

Hullu
Reaction score
Whoops haha, my bad ! I'm not wearing my glasses recently, so I guess it looked like burgers to me ^.^"

Cue

今北産業
Reaction score
Hi, Mikawa-san
Ohisashiburi desu~.

Yes, your dorayaki looks so good as well as your blog contents.
I'll be checking it as often as possible, so be aware of my intrusion! :devilish:

Q

Mikawa Ossan

気づいたらカッパだ
Reaction score
Hello, Cue!

Feel free to stop by at any time! Don't be afraid to leave a comment, either!

I'll be trying to improve the blog with time, so it is very much rough now. I hope to be changing that soon...

Mikawa Ossan

気づいたらカッパだ
Reaction score
Instead of making a new thread, I thought I would update this one with my new blog's address.

http://mikawa.bloggles.info/

My old blog died a painful death when Blogger got bought out by Google. Hopefully it won't happen again.

Don't expect too much, but if you like pain, come and read my thoughts!

marsans

先輩
Reaction score
Mikawa i'm going to try your curry rice recipe tonight!

We'll see how it goes! 😌

Mikawa Ossan

気づいたらカッパだ
Reaction score
haha...um...hi!

Thanks to member J44xm, I finally got the old blog up and running again. This puts me in a spot, as I now have two blogs....

Well, I guess the old one, (www.mikawa-ossan.blogspot.com) will be my main blog and the new one (www.mikawa.bloggles.info) will be my sub-blog so to speak, whatever that means.

Sorry to be so confusing here!

Mikawa Ossan

気づいたらカッパだ
Reaction score
i'm not too interested in the content.
Thanks for taking a look!

I understand how you feel. I've looked at many many blogs, too, and I only know of a very very few that I find interesting.

That picture at the very top, by the way was taken in the winter of 98/99 with a panoramic camera. It's the view of Minneapolis as seen from the northern coast of the Mississippi River. It's probably my favorite picture taken of Minneapolis that I ever took.

Mikawa Ossan

気づいたらカッパだ
Reaction score
The way to leave a comment is to click on the "comments" text underneath the blog entry. Then a window should pop up allowing you to write your comment.

You're right, though.....it is kind of confusing. Maybe I should change that....

Mikawa Ossan

気づいたらカッパだ
Reaction score
Just writing to let anyone know who's interested that I have changed the default language of the blog from Japanese to English. This should help in finding the comments if you wish to add one.

Mikawa Ossan

気づいたらカッパだ
Reaction score
Cool blog
Keep it up!!
Thanks!

Just an update that I have included a link at the top of the page that will translate the page to English. Feel free to comment and make fun of the English that comes up!

Top Bottom