What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Travel Myōjō-ji Temple - 妙成寺

TSV

Kouhai
Reaction score
Granted the Noto Peninsula is quite far from Tokyo and not a well known tourist area, but if you ever have the chance to visit the place make sure to stop at Myōjō-ji Temple!

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Missed that one. Thanks for sharing another nice video! 👍

johnnyG

先輩
Reaction score
Yes, very nice video, and maybe an hour or so from Kanazawa. (public transport would take longer)

In terms of Buddhist importance/history, two added places in Ishikawa that should be on anyone's list are 総持寺, which is a bit further up the peninsula (historically more important, but less photogenic, and some earthquake damage from some years ago), and 大乗寺, which is in Kanazawa itself (and tho not very convenient to get to (via bus), much easier than getting to Hakui).

If you do make to Hakui, besides the above temple you might also want to visit this shrine:
Shinto Shrines of Japan: The Blog Guide

TSV

Kouhai
Reaction score
Yes, very nice video, and maybe an hour or so from Kanazawa. (public transport would take longer)

In terms of Buddhist importance/history, two added places in Ishikawa that should be on anyone's list are 総持寺, which is a bit further up the peninsula (historically more important, but less photogenic, and some earthquake damage from some years ago), and 大乗寺, which is in Kanazawa itself (and tho not very convenient to get to (via bus), much easier than getting to Hakui).

If you do make to Hakui, besides the above temple you might also want to visit this shrine:
Shinto Shrines of Japan: The Blog Guide

Thanks! Also Keta Taisha was on my list but I did not have enough time. I will need to visit Ishikawa again soon so I will make sure to shoot this place too. There were also another temple I wanted to shoot but it was under renovation... Anyway SO MANY things to shoot on a so limited budget :(

Top Bottom