What's new

must-see kanjis

Most of those Kanjis from your link are obsolete at the present time. They are only used in calligraphy. Arghhhhhh! Calligraphy! I used to learn it from a master. They say it can clam your mind, which is not true. This is actually a very boring and annoying activity. I wanted to beat up somebody whenever I picked up that brush.

Anyway, I found the following kanjis from the first link Time Goes by Fast -Calligraphy by Wang Xizhi more difficult to emulate than any Kanji I had practiced in those freaking calligraphy classes. They are handwritings of the most famous calligrapher of ancient China (still the most famous).

However, I prefer the second link:

huizong2.jpg

which is written by the loser king of Song Dynasty. Although he was a loser, he still had the best handwriting in my opinion.

Sally_Hawn said:
They say it can clam your mind, which is not true.
I don't know. It sounds quite likely from your description that it can clam your mind. :p

nhk9 said:
Here's a link to probably the weirdest kanjis you will ever see. The website also has a paragraph or two about an 80+ stroke kanji (yes, 80+)
Great link, NHK9!
Can you find more of these odd stuff?
Sometimes we can learn something about the normal by looking at the paranormal!

I'm actually looking for the Oracle Bone style characters. And any good Small Seal sites.

One example that comes close would be the Oracle Bone characters expalined in this I-ching site here LiSe YiJing

I've also found a font designer Mike Write's Old language site but he is in the process of upgrading the Old Kanji characters Coastal Fog Language Page (Click on Languages and look around if you have some time!)

Ha ha ha! VERY funny. I mean you can calm you mind. Yeah! You're right. It really clamed my mind, and my hand hurt too...

Sally_Hawn said:
Most of those Kanjis from your link are obsolete at the present time. They are only used in calligraphy. Arghhhhhh! Calligraphy! I used to learn it from a master. They say it can clam your mind, which is not true. This is actually a very boring and annoying activity.

:) I concur!

Sally_Hawn said:
However, I prefer the second link
I love that calligraphy! So edgy, it's like he's doing it with a sword!

I wish I could even write kanji so it looked anything like the real one with my pen -_-

TwistedMac said:
love that calligraphy! So edgy, it's like he's doing it with a sword!

I wish I could even write kanji so it looked anything like the real one with my pen -_-

In fact you can do it if you want. The calligraphy shows in Montreal are dominated by works of French-speakers. Ah, weird French people, who actually like to paint, brush and practise Chinese characters in their spare time. Many of them are standing when they are doing Chinese calligraphy. How do I know? We were in the same class!

Back
Top Bottom