What's new

More Insanity!

mad pierrot

I jump to conclusions
22 Nov 2003
Well, I belive it's that time of year that Aki Matsuri begins again. (Fall Festivals.) My local town is nuts about Matsuri, and the whole thing last two days, ending when all the local shrines battle it out crossing the river. I thought I'd post a few pictures from last year's event; after this weekend I'll post some new ones if anyone is interested. Let's see some more pictures, too! If anyone has any good Matsuri stories, I'd like to hear them, too.

👍

I also threw in a few pics from the Kurama Fire Festival I was at years ago.
Btw, did anyone make it to the Kishiwada festival this year? The other thread had some great pics of it.

Attachments

• matsuri 067.jpg
    matsuri 067.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 110
  • matsuri 101.jpg
    matsuri 101.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 131
  • matsuri 104.jpg
    matsuri 104.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 105
  • kuramafire73.jpg
    kuramafire73.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 91
  • kuramafire75.jpg
    kuramafire75.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 88
Thanks for sharing pictures!!

I remember matsuri - the summer festivals in Japan....hehe... :) It can be weird for a foreigner, it is not exactly like Mardi gras.. :D

Awesome pics. I want to go to a Fall Festival one day. People really get into it, don't they? Gotta love tradition.

👍

People really get into it, don't they?

In my town, kids actually get two days off school, if it's during the week. Last year I participated in the hauling of the shrines, and I must say, it's hard work. Which brings me to another question. Do you think gaikokujin should be allowed to take part in local festivals? I had been living here for awhile and was invited by my neighbors to join. I had fun, but felt way out of place and will only be watching this year. Thoughts or comments?

kewlness! this is sooo nice.. I wanna be there and see it :(

attachment.php

you can tell who da boss is!.. "I beat the drum, you listen to me!, understand?... don't splash water on my feet! you want the drum to get wet? is that what you want?.. I was chosen to beat the drum!, me! keep walking, peasants!"

personally I wouldn't join in.. feels sort of like this is their thing, and I'd be intruding on it.. but I'd be the one cheering the loudest though!

Lol

Here's a better one for you. Btw, check back on Monday. Unless I die, I'll post some new pics up for you.

Attachments

• tsukareta.jpg
    tsukareta.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 94
Well...

It's Sunday night. Two full days of matsuri madness have come and gone.

As I promised, the pictures!
I've got some video, too, but no where to host it.

Attachments

• nightbefore.jpg
    nightbefore.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 92
  • almostin.jpg
    almostin.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 97
  • oops!.jpg
    oops!.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 102
  • whohasrightofway.jpg
    whohasrightofway.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 94
  • thebigone.jpg
    thebigone.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 76
More...

pictures from Sat/Sun.

Attachments

• z0.jpg
    z0.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 75
  • z1.jpg
    z1.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 82
  • z2.jpg
    z2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 72
  • thesetup.jpg
    thesetup.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 87
The second picture: THe guy on the top of the crowd has some interesting shorts on... :D 🙂 :D

Back
Top Bottom