What's new

Monbukagakusho Scholarship?

MelodyYhin

後輩
21 Aug 2011
Hi, I am new here and I have a question, I don't see this question anywhere so I decided to create and account and ask :)
About the monbukagakusho, they asked for your 3 years academic transcript right? I want to know if that academic transcrip will affect chances of getting to japan? My academic results are not so good and I am a SPM student. I am very determined to take the exam after SPM, I saw the maths and I know it is really hard, So I am planning to do the past year, buy maybe some A-level or even STPM to revise and ask some help from maybe my tuition teachers and all. :) So I really want to know if my academic results (not the writting exam) will it affect my chance? :)

Hi, I am new here and I have a question, I don't see this question anywhere so I decided to create and account and ask :)
About the monbukagakusho, they asked for your 3 years academic transcript right? I want to know if that academic transcrip will affect chances of getting to japan? My academic results are not so good and I am a SPM student. I am very determined to take the exam after SPM, I saw the maths and I know it is really hard, So I am planning to do the past year, buy maybe some A-level or even STPM to revise and ask some help from maybe my tuition teachers and all. :) So I really want to know if my academic results (not the writting exam) will it affect my chance? :)
i assume you haven't apply for the scholarship
As i'm not malaysian, i don't know how the procedure was in Malaysia. However, in Indonesia your high school transcript will only be useful in the 1st stage, which is the document screening (to select those who are eligible to sat for the entrance test) followed with the interview (if you passed the test)
the embassy lady told me that during the secondary screening in japan (by MEXT), they'll only consider your entrance test result and interview.

so the procedure might vary a little but i believe it will be the same in the secondary screening

good luck 👍

Thanks so much, that really lifted the weights of my burden... So I just need to get an A+ for Maths, add maths and english. I am planning to go for social sience and humanities... >< Have you taken the exam before? :) and thanks very much again for replying! ;)

About what you should do, I think you should ask the japanese embassy in Malaysia about the document screening (how's the requirement, I suggest you to work harder as meeting their minimum requirement doesn't guarantee you a place in their entrance test)
I'm applying for College of Technology program, and this is my 2nd attempt.
I've passed the entrance test and interview (just like last year) so I'll just have to wait till December

Oh good luck! :D as for the minimum requirement it is based on SPM only right? If it is I would have to work hard now! ><

hahaha you makes me checked their website
and yes, according to their press release, you'll need a good score in SPM

btw there's no application for the College of Technology and Specialized Professional Training College Program in their web

i wonder if they don't offer these program to Malaysians

Oo, I know that for undergraduate they need at least minimum of A for selected subject ( i chose Social Science and Humanities so I need A for maths and english) the maths I am not sure is it Add maths or modern maths so I gotta get A for both. Owh, do you know what syllabus do they use? For maths like what kinda maths is it? I am going to try to find those books after SPM to revise but I don't really know the type of maths and my maths is really really bad. :/

I think that the syllabbus is best suited with singaporean A level
I haven't seen any SPM books, but I think it won't be as hard as singapore A level
Btw it's a good idea to consider everything from the very begining
when I'm on my last year of high school, I don't even think that far, so do your best :)

Last edited:
Haha, I am actually planning far to reach my target. But now I have to focus on SPM but my whole minds tends to keep thinking of monbukagakusho but it kind of motivates me so I must obtain this goal xD hmm, singapore A Level maths? Okay I will try to go singapore with friends end year then buy some a level books xP if it is easier in the exam then it should be a great practise :D thanks a lot! ;)

Back
Top Bottom