What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Monbukagakusho-Research Student - Field of study

kamei01

先輩
Reaction score
Can Anyone help me to understand what should I write in the following fields? Maybe an example would be helpful.
These are from Application for japanese government(monbukagakusho:mext)scholarship(attachment)
6. Field of study in Japan: ? Engineering(my guess)
Detailed field of study :? Information and computer science-Computational linguistics(my guess)
Any help?

BuDZ

先輩
Reaction score
a little search of this forum would have led you to this

http: //w ww.jref.com/forum/showthread.php?p=632332

read post #5 by clockworkorange. his advice helped me accomplish the forms.

kamei01

先輩
Reaction score
I read that, but these questions are in another form and I don't know how I should answer them.
FIELD OF STUDY IN JAPAN not present field of study
Detailed field of study, should I write a description of the field of study or should I write the title of the specific area I'll study in japan?

( Maybe people don't understand what I'm asking for xD )

BuDZ

先輩
Reaction score
do actually need to read the exact words "Field of Study in Japan" to get the answer to your question? spoon-feeding doesnt always work.

sporkthedork

後輩
Reaction score
Can Anyone help me to understand what should I write in the following fields? Maybe an example would be helpful.
These are from Application for japanese government(monbukagakusho:mext)scholarship(attachment)
6. Field of study in Japan: ? Engineering(my guess)
Detailed field of study :? Information and computer science-Computational linguistics(my guess)
Any help?

To me, "Field of study in Japan" means what do you plan to research/study at a college university in Japan. Do you have a specific program you want to get into? a specific professor? You might want to tailor your field of study to that program, BUT not too much that if they don't accept you as a research student, you can apply it to some other program in another university.

Basically what that is asking is, what do you plan to do in Japan (in terms of education)? You might want to hint at why you have to do that study in Japan and not at your home country or some other country. Information and computer science seems like it can be learned almost anywhere. Why Japan?

Current field of study, on the other hand is, "What did you get your Bachelors' in?' Well that's how I read it and answered it.

Top Bottom