What's new

Pizza toppings

Sgt. Wang

後輩
9 May 2003
When I was in Japan, I ate some Japanese pizza. I thought there was chicken on it, but it was squid. What other crazy Japanese pizza toppings are there?

I just looked at my Pizza Hut menu, but they don't do much unusual stuff although they do squid, but I think every pizza company does a pizza with squid..

The most unusual one I could find was "potato & corned beef" (although I don't know if this is weird or not - maybe you have this in the States).

Tiger

O-o Corn Beef? ugh! I don't think we have Corn Beef or even Squid as a topping at my local Pizza resturants. o-O

the only thing i have to say is HAWAII ... that's the best Pizza... if they have that i ignore all other pizzas

Originally posted by Tiger
I just looked at my Pizza Hut menu, but they don't do much unusual stuff although they do squid, but I think every pizza company does a pizza with squid..

The most unusual one I could find was "potato & corned beef" (although I don't know if this is weird or not - maybe you have this in the States).

Tiger

Sounds like a perogie type pizza. It's pretty good.

I guess Pizza Hut's ingredients are fairly similar in most countries (including here in Japan). Maybe I'll try the potato and corned beef one next time I order and let you know what I think.

Tiger

I picked up a GREAT way to eat toast in Japan last year.
Lightly spread butter on a piece of thick white bread. (preferably yummy Japanese bread). Cut unseasoned nori in to small squares and dip in to shoyu, then place on bread. Lastly, top with thinly sliced mozzarella and pop in to toaster oven. Not pizza, but a DELICIOUS quick treat!!

Actually, squid wasn't all that bad. The texture was what got me all confused.................kinda like eating a rubber band that tastes like chicken.

And Hawaiian pizza's not that bad either. That's if you can get past the combo of pineapple+saurkraut.<------( I don't think this is the correct spelling)

Originally posted by thomas
Check out mdchachi's Japanese Pizza Page

By the way Thomas, have you seen Nihongo Web? go to www.ccet.ua.edu/nihongoweb

That's where I take Japanese classes from, and they have the same Japanese pizza page, or something like that. Anyways, it's the best class I'm taking now, and I've gotten a High School and College credit for it. Too fun.............

And Hawaiian pizza's not that bad either. That's if you can get past the combo of pineapple+saurkraut.<------( I don't think this is the correct spelling)
err aint hawaiian pizza topped with pineapple and canadian bacon (sliced ham)? ive never heard of putting saurkraut on one.

Originally posted by Sgt. Wang
By the way Thomas, have you seen Nihongo Web? go to www.ccet.ua.edu/nihongoweb

We get A LOT of visitors from that site, but I have never seen it myself, as my PC crashes whenever I try to open the page (assuming they use Flash or embedded background music).

Squid as a pizza topping, eh? I think I've heard of that before. I've always wanted to try it! lol, i love squid what can I say. It so chewy! Lol, >.< don't mind me.....*runs away*

Originally posted by jeisan
err aint hawaiian pizza topped with pineapple and canadian bacon (sliced ham)? ive never heard of putting saurkraut on one.

Uh............sometimes I do that. I start thinking about one thing, and say another. Sorry 'bout that. Kinda also happens with brain loss as well.

Squid?
Is it strange?
Never in Japan...

I love seafood pizza very much.
There are squid, octopus, crab, scallop,
and so on...

You can look over a web site by pizz-la.

You can get lots of menus.

Let me post a couple of pics, both look very nice.

Pizza Hut "Gorgeous 4," the combination of:

Barbecue Chicken: onion, mushroom, BBQ chicken
Sicilian Style: eggplant, mushroom, parsley, special meat sauce
Seafood Mix: squid, pink shrimp, tuna, onion, broccoli, mayonnaise
The Works: olive, onion, sausage, mushroom, pepperoni, beef, ham, green pepper, pork

Domino's "Quattro Max," that is:

1. Charcoal-Grill Chicken Teri: teriyaki chicken, broccoli, mayonnaise, corn, mushroom, onion, paprika
2. Basilico Deluxe: diced tomato, ham, eggplant, bacon, broccoli, onion, basil sauce
3. Seafood Special: shrimp, squid, scallop flake, onion, paprika
4. Super Deluxe: pepperoni, ham, bacon, olive, sausage, mushroom, onion, paprika

Actually, seafood pizza is rather popular worldwide.

In Japan I had the Basilico Deluxe and actually, it's really good. I started liking eggplant after that.

I think I'm drooling over here... :p

I really like the sound of the seafood one and the chicken teriyaki one.

We need a drooling smiley on here...

Back
Top Bottom