What's new

Pizza toppings

This is the best I could do........

I don't think it's compensation enough.

sihmahh.jpg

Its not the corn or squid that's so wierd on pizza here (relatively speaking I guess). Its the mayonaise. Mayonaise! Isn't that dangerous? I thought warm mayonaise was supposed to give you trichinosis (nasty stomache bacteria or such), like with warm potato salad at the picnic.
But they eat a lot of 'dangerous' stuff here, at least from a US perspective. Chicken sashimi (ecoli anyone?) and not so well cooked pork (tapeworms?), etc.. I'm not sure if Japanese people have cast iron stomaches, or just no health inspectors, not having tried some of the more exotic fare myself (keko desu for the raw chicken at least).

> Actually, seafood pizza is rather popular worldwide.

Not so popular in places where there is no sea. Like the Midwest .

> Its the mayonaise. Mayonaise! Isn't that dangerous?
> I thought warm mayonaise was supposed to give you trichinosis (nasty stomache bacteria or such),

I think cooking the mayonnaise takes care of the problem. Anyway I'm not sure if they use raw eggs in Japanese mayo like they do in "real" mayonnaise.

> But they eat a lot of 'dangerous' stuff here, at least from a US perspective. > Chicken sashimi (ecoli anyone?) and not so well cooked pork (tapeworms?), etc..

Yeah, no kidding.

> I'm not sure if Japanese people have cast iron stomaches, or just no health inspectors,
> not having tried some of the more exotic fare myself (keko desu for the raw chicken at least).

Well obviously the stuff isn't as dangerous as we've been led to believe. Otherwise Japanese people would be getting tapeworms and dying of E. Coli every day. I've had bits of it all -- raw chicken, raw eggs, raw deer, raw horse, fugu, plus the normal every day sashimi. Somehow I lived to tell the tale.

Originally posted by Speed
Had pizza with corn on it. Anyone else? Only in Japan? I hope so.

I had some in the U.S. I think it was surprisingly good. 'Course, the place I went to wasn't one of your Big name resteraunts. I think it was the Pizza Pit. Yeah, that's it. I think that probably the reason I had pizza with corn on it, was probably due to the fact that if you asked them to put something on a pizza, they'd cook it for you..........

A little odd, but fun to try different combos of weird stuff.

Ooh, we need to bring this one back!
Weirdest things I have had on a pizza:
Marijuana (In Cambodia 'Happy Pizza')
Sweet Potato
Potato and Bacon corn (My favourite Pizza here in Korea)

When I was 18 we made Pizza all the time, our favourites were Tomato Relish (chutney) Cream Cheese, Bacon, Cheese, Basil, Mixed Herbs, Tomato, Capsicum (bell pepper), and spaghetti from the can. Oh these were sooo good :D

Ok guys dont be shy, there are lots of new people now, and im sure most of you like PIZZA! I also like plain cheese deluxe pizza.
When I was a vegetarian I would order half Cheese, half meat lovers (for my bf), they would think I was soo strange.

In NZ my favourite Pizza is Blue cheese, Bacon, and caramelised onions, with olives, and tomato base. HELL PIZZA check out the odd toppings here

Ebi Mayo pizza la pizza? Uh sorry, but, tanomu yo~!

I haven't eaten it, I'm still applying for the financial aid required to purchase it... I think if you put too many crazy things on a pizza it stops being a pizza and starts being something else entirely...

...still nice jingle though: "ebi mayo mayo ebi mayo~ bingo!"

Ohh even though I dont usually eat ebi, you have convinced me, I will eat some for you too.... however I will have to find someone who wants to buy it for me if its that takaii.

I don't have the menu around, but by memory, I don't think it should be legal to call something that costs 2400 en, a "kids meal". ;)

I have a bit a sweet tooth ...==> quick to kaiten Zuchi...
SUSHI ... wouaw!!! Totemo oishiiiiii ...

Last edited:
Hhahaha, I was looking at the Pizza bingo add tonight, and yeah.... they look good! Decided to stick with what I know though, and ordered Quatro Pizza from Dominoes. The teriyaki chicken pizza was REALLY good...
I think that maybe they called it Kids pizza because of the odd looking toppings? Some of them look frightening scary!

@ KINSAO
I ate your good pizza. It was OK but something special ... After I saw that :
dnjae9-1.jpg

did u put any hallucinogen mushrooms ??

Last edited:
OH MY GOD! How did you see me? I thought I was being discreet!
I think the bikini looks better after a few million pizzas.

Back
Top Bottom