What's new

Miike Takashi Question for Essay

Eigaotaku

後輩
6 Nov 2006
Hi,

I'm writing an essay about Miike Takashi for my second year Film Cultures module, I'm trying to find out the links between Audiences and Consumption. Specificly the fans of Miike's films and the diffrence between how diffrent cultures view this director, and how they watch his films.

The audiences I would be most interested in hearing from are Japanese, America and Europe (Specificly UK, but others too). So if some of you wouldnt mind replying as soon a possible (I have to hand it in this friday :( ), please let me know which country you come from and you view of the director and his work?

Many thanks, look forward to your opinions :)

Eigaotaku said:
So if some of you wouldnt mind replying as soon a possible (I have to hand it in this friday ), please let me know which country you come from and you view of the director and his work?
I like many of Miike's films although I had never seen them when I was in Japan, so I might be able to help you. He seems more appreciated outside Japan, and I can get my hands on most of his movies in the states. I'm a Japanese by the way.

It would be easier for us to reply if you could give us a little more detail about your essay.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Here is the servey that I have been handing out, there are 11 questions all together. I will also post a Japanese language version of this in the other forum, look forward to hearing your replys.

Miike Takashi (Survey)
I am conducting a survey to find out how people in different geographical locations and countries view a certain directors films, I have chosen Miike Takashi as he is know both in the West and the East. I'm hoping to find out the links between culture, audience and consumption.

1) Which country are you from?
2) What age are you?
3) Are you Male or Female?
4) What genre of film is your favourite?
5) Which genre is you're least favourite?
6) Do you actively seek out foreign films? (Yes \ No)
7) Are you a fan of Miike Takashi? (Yes \ No)
8) How do you watch his films? (DVD, Cinema or other)
9) What was the first film you saw of his?
10) What genre do you most associate him with?
11) If you have anything else you would like to add, which you think may be of interest please do so here:

Thank you very much for taking part in the survey.

The UK
2) What age are you?
Look in my profile (36)
Male
I have a failry mixed view of films
5) Which genre is you're least favourite?
Stupid comedies
Yes
Yes
DVD
Ichi the Killer
Odd, violent films. Probably Yazuka films
11) If you have anything else you would like to add, which you think may be of interest please do so here:
Be very well prepared before watching Visitor Q. Get to know his other works because this is not a Takashi film to see first. Believe me on this matter

Hey Eigaotaku, I'm glad you posted those questions.
Japan
2) What age are you?
Female
1.Documentary 2.Horror 3.Independent
5) Which genre is you池e least favourite?
Disney, chick flicks, re-makes of good movies that suck terribly
Yes!
Yes
DVD
I think it was actually "Visitor Q"
Peculiar people, gore, comedy

He does a lot of playwrite in his home country, Japan; a friend of mine has gone to see his play, said it was amazing and very original. Yeah, that's the thing I like about his films, original. A lot of his movies are very unpredictable and sometimes blow your mind.

I hope this helps!

Hey thanks for the responces so far, what you said misa.j is really interesting! Most J-people I know have not really heard of him other that what I have told them, I think maybe a few have seen Zebraman! But most dont like him, because of how extream his films are!
I was wondering, how famous is he in Japan? Is there as bigger fan base in Japan as their is in America or the UK? If so which of his films do they tend to go for? I did not realise that he did plays!

P.s. Visitor Q is awsum!!!

Back
Top Bottom