What's new

Mid-term Exam for Class 2-1

hirashin

Sempai
Donor
8 Apr 2004
Dear native English speakers,
I've just finished the second exam.
Would you please check it? It's for the 11th graders (koukou 2 nensei).

1 次の語の中で、下線部の発音が他と異なる語を一つずつ選びなさい。「・」で音節に
区切ってあるので注意すること。 1×3 = 3点
①(ア) pas・sen・ger (イ) re・la・tion・ship (ウ) val・u・a・ble (エ) ad・van・tage
②(ア) re・duc・tion (イ) cus・tom・er (ウ) cul・ture (エ) flu・ent・ly
③(ア) po・lite (イ) re・li・gious (ウ) o・pin・ion (エ) min・is・try

2 下の文を読んで後の問いに答えなさい。
What do you like about your life in Japan? What do you dislike about it? In this lesson, we are going to hear ( a ) some foreigners about their views of ( あ ) in Japan.

In October 2009, an interesting article ( い ) in the British magazine The Economist. It was about a survey ( う ) out in 33 countries around the world. The survey asked people how much they admired, trusted, respected, and took pride ( b ) their own country. Australia came top, China was 7th, ( え ) America was 11th. ( c ) the bottom of the list was Japan. The Japanese people who answered seem to ( お ) had a ( か ) opinion of their ( き )
country.
However, many people outside Japan had a better view of the country. They saw it ( d ) a safe place ( e ) a high level of ( く ) and first-class service, ( f ) example. Every year, the BBC, Britain's main broadcaster, also ( け ) out a survey of people's opinions. The survey asks what countries have a positive ( こ )( g ) the rest of the world. Japan is always at or near the top. It shared the number one spot ( h ) Canada in 2007 and the number one spot ( h ) Germany in 2008.

①(あ)~(こ)に入る語を下の選択肢から記号で一つずつ選びなさい。 10点
[ア] have [イ] education [ウ] living [エ] own [オ] influence [カ] appeared
[キ] while [ク] low [ケ] carried [コ] carries

②上の(a)~(h)に入る語句をそれぞれ記号で選びなさい。2個所の(h)には同じ語が入ります。 8点
(a)[ア] to [イ] for [ウ] from
(b)[ア] to [イ] in [ウ] on
(c)[ア] In [イ] At [ウ] On
(d)[ア] for [イ] as [ウ] in
(e)[ア] for [イ] as [ウ] with
(f)[ア] For [イ] As [ウ] With
(g)[ア] at [イ] in [ウ] on
(h)[ア] in [イ] on [ウ] with

③問題文の内容に合っているものを記号で一つだけ選びなさい。 2点
(a) The Economist is an interesting British magazine that everyone enjoy.
(b) Japan is always at or near the bottom in the surveys about what countries have a positive
influence on the other countries around the world.
(c) Many people outside Japan see it as a safe place with a high level of education.

3 次の文を読んで下の問いに答えなさい。
What do foreigners living in Japan think about (a)the country and its people? One of (b)them, Yin Wenyi, from China, is ( あ ) ( c ) Japanese manners. She points ( d ) that when the Japanese get on a train they line up, unlike people in China. In her country, she says, passengers ( い ) to try and get on the train ahead ( e ) everyone else.

Soon after the Great East Japan Earthquake, Yin ( う ) to ( え ) Japan. At the station, she found the escalators ( お ) down. She was trying to ( か ) a heavy suitcase up the ( き ) when a Japanese woman ( く ) her. "Can I help you? We're all having a
( け ) time, ( f ) we?" the woman said. At that ( こ ), Yin knew that she would surely return to Japan.

Mon Myat Thu, from Myanmar, ( さ ) the Japanese because they work hard. When she herself began working part-time in Japan, she was surprised to be told that she should look for things to do even when there are no ( し ) around. (g)Such an idea was new to her.

①(a)が指しているものを本文中から探して1語で答えなさい。 1点

②(b)が指しているものを本文中から4語で抜き出しなさい。 1点

③下線部に20~24字の日本語を入れて(g)の内容を説明しなさい。 2点
という考え方。

④(あ)~(し)に入る語を下から選び記号で書きなさい。 12点
[ア] leave [イ] approached [ウ] decided [エ] customers [オ] stairs [カ] tough
[キ] shut [ク] tend [ケ] impressed [コ] moment [サ] admires [シ] carry

⑤( c )~( e )に入る語を下から記号で選びなさい。 1×3 = 3点
(c)[ア] in [イ] on [ウ] out [エ] by [オ] to
(d)[ア] in [イ] on [ウ] out [エ] by [オ] for
(e)[ア] in [イ] on [ウ] out [エ] by [オ] of

⑥( f )に入る語を記号で選びなさい。1点 [ア] are [イ] aren't [ウ] do [エ] don't

4 ( )の中の語を並び替えて、日本語に合う英文を完成しなさい。 完全解答各2点
①強い宗教的信念を持つ人達同士はよく争う。
( with / with / strong / those / beliefs / often / religious / fight ) each other.
Those with strong religious beliefs often fight with each other.
②その調査は、人々にどの新聞を信用しているかを尋ねた。
The survey ( people / trusted / asked / newspapers / you / which ).
The survey asked people which newspapers you trusted.
③その湖には、20種類以上の魚がいる。
The ( than / has / of / varieties / lake / more / 20 ) fish.
The lake has more than 20 varieties of fish.
④私は、その生徒達が英語を流暢に話しているのを見て驚いた。
I was ( to / fluently / the students / surprised / speaking / see / English ).
I was surprised to see the students speaking English fluently.
⑤私はすることを探すべきだと言われた。
I ( that / for / to / I / look / was / should / things / told ) do.
I was told that I should look for things to do.

5 次の文を読んで下の問いに答えなさい。
( a ) course, there are some negative opinions, too. Visitors ( b ) Japan sometimes find that the Japanese are too shy—they keep their feelings to themselves. But Dyron Dabney, from the U.S., says that the Japanese do express their feelings to foreigners. It's just that they need time to build personal relationships.
(あ)Some foreigners have also ( religion / on / Japan / commented / in ). They see many different kinds ( c ) religious groups in the country. But they think most of the Japanese
( い ) a deep belief in any of them. Even so, Ms. Doménech, from Spain, sees the ( う ) side of this situation. "Japan is safer and more peaceful than many countries with strong religious beliefs."
( d ) Muslims, too, we find people who ( え ) this side of Japan. For example, Birol Gündüz, from Turkey, says that in Islam it is ( お ) to be friendly, polite, honest, and sincere in your relationships with ( か ) around you. ( e ) he also points out, though, "The same ( き ) are ( く ) by the Japanese in their everyday lives."

①下線部(あ)の( )内の語を正しい順に並び替え、下線部全体を和訳しなさい。1+2 = 3点

②(い)~(く)に当てはまる語を下から選び記号で書きなさい。 7点
[ア] accept [イ] ideals [ウ] important [エ] those [オ] shared
[カ] lack [キ] positive

③(a)~(e)に当てはまる語を下から記号で選びなさい。文頭の語も小文字にしてあるので
注意すること。同じものを何度選んでもかまいません。 5点
[ア] in [イ] on [ウ] to [エ] among [オ] as [カ] of [キ] when

④問題文の内容に合っているものを記号で一つだけ選びなさい。 2点
(a) Dyron Dabney says that the Japanese need time to build personal relationships.
(b) Ms. Doménech thinks that it's bad for the Japanese not to have a deep belief in any
religion.
(c) Birol Gündüz says that Muslims do not share any ideals with the Japanese.

6 次の文を読んで下の問いに答えなさい。
These opinions are just a few examples of the wide ( あ ) of views expressed by foreigners living in Japan. They are ( い ) ( a ) giving the Japanese an outside view of their own culture.
( b ) coming to Japan, such people must have had a great spirit of adventure. What about the other side ( c ) the picture? Do many Japanese people share that spirit? As ( う ) as students are concerned, fewer and fewer are choosing to go abroad to study. ( え ) to the Ministry of Education, after a peak in 2004, numbers began to decrease. Indeed, between 2004 and 2010, there was a 30% ( お ) in the number of students studying abroad.
Yin Wenyi believes that young people in Japan should take ( か ) of their ( き ) to go abroad. "Once you have a Japanese passport," she says, "you can go almost anywhere in the world." She points out that that is something the Chinese ( く ). "Young people in Japan should ( d ) learning a foreign language more ( け ) and then go off and see the world ( e ) their own eyes," she adds. "That would ( こ ) help Japan's future."

①(あ)~(こ)に当てはまる語を下から選び記号で書きなさい。文頭の文字も小文字に
なっているので注意すること。 10点
[ア] advantage [イ] far [ウ] freedom [エ] envy [オ] variety
[カ] seriously [キ] valuable [ク] reduction [ケ] greatly [コ] according

②(a)~(e)にあてはまる語を記号で選びなさい。 5点
(a)[ア] in [イ] on [ウ] to [エ] of
(b)[ア] in [イ] on [ウ] to [エ] of
(c)[ア] in [イ] on [ウ] to [エ] of
(d)[ア] get [イ] take [ウ] have [エ] think
(e)[ア] in [イ] on [ウ] to [エ] with

③問題文の内容に合っているものを記号で一つだけ選びなさい。 2点
(a) In China, once you have a passport, you can go almost anywhere in the world.
(b) In Japan, the number of students studying abroad has been decreasing since 2004.
(c) More and more Japanese students are studying abroad.

7 次の文を和訳しなさい。3点
These opinions are valuable in giving us an outside view of our own culture.

8 ( )の中に一語ずつ入れて、日本語と同じ意味を表す英文を作りなさい。 各2点
① その少女はあまりにも引っ込み思案で英語を話さない。
The girl is ( )( )( )( ) English.
The girl is ( too )( shy )( to )( speak ) English.
② 私は、昨日訪れたお城の美しさに感動した。
I was ( )( )( )( ) of the castle I visited yesterday.
I was ( impressed )( by/with )( the )( beauty ) of the castle I visited yesterday.
③ できるだけたくさん情報を集めるように努めなさい。
Try ( )( )( )( ) information as you can.
Try to ( get/collect/attain )( as )( much ) information as you can.
④ その地震の後、私は、ただちに日本を離れることにした。
After the ( ), I ( )( )( ) Japan immediately.
After the ( earthquake ), I ( decided )( to )( leave ) Japan immediately.
⑤ 姉は、服にたくさんのお金を使う傾向がある。
My sister ( )( ) spend a lot of money ( ) clothing.
My sister ( tends )( to ) spend a lot of money ( on ) clothing.

Thanks in advance.

Hirashin

I made it a little change.

2③問題文の内容に合っているものを記号で一つだけ選びなさい。 2点
(a) The Economist is an interesting British magazine that everyone enjoys. (corrected)

4②その調査は、人々にどの新聞を信用しているかを尋ねた。
The survey ( people / trusted / asked / newspapers / they / which ).
The survey asked people which newspapers they trusted.

③その湖には、いろんな種類の魚がいる。
The ( variety / has / a / of / lake / wide ) fish.

7 次の文を和訳しなさい。3点
These opinions are valuable in giving us an outside view of our own culture.

Back
Top Bottom