What's new

MEXT Undergraduate Scholarship 2014: Recognition of courses in Australia?

emmygriffin

後輩
14 Aug 2013
I've just had my interview for the 2014 MEXT undergraduate scholarship, and I was wondering if anyone knows how the completed courses in Japan are recognised in Australia?
I applied for the science (physics) course so is that recognised as a bachelor of science?
I just think it would be a sad thing to send 5 years of intensive study to waste even if it is in Japan if it won't be recognised by Australia universities or work place.
Any help on this issue would be great!
Thanks☝

Mext 2014

I've just had my interview for the 2014 MEXT undergraduate scholarship, and I was wondering if anyone knows how the completed courses in Japan are recognised in Australia?
I applied for the science (physics) course so is that recognised as a bachelor of science?
I just think it would be a sad thing to spend 5 years of intensive study to waste even if it is in Japan if it won't be recognised by Australia universities or work place.
Any help on this issue would be great!
Thanks☝
Any reply??

The list of institutions recognised by the Australian government is shown here: Skilled – Recognised Graduate (Temporary) visa (subclass 476)

If you plan on going to a grad school in Australia, then it's up to the requirement from the Australian university. If you enter a very famous university here such as University of Tokyo or Tokyo Institute of Technology, you shouldn't have any problem going to grad school in Australia.

About employment, I think it's up to the employer. However, finding a job right after graduating in Japan is probably difficult as you lack the necessary experience that most jobs require - unless you can get in some programs for fresh grads which are often designed for local students.

Back
Top Bottom