What's new

MEXT scholarship

Diyorbek

Kouhai
Reaction score
Diyorbek:
Hello, how have you been? I am a new member of the forum. I have found the forum really helpful in many ways. The other day I posted a thread as to how I can get started learning Japanese for MEXT scholarship and I was provided with really helpful answers. But I still have a vague picture of what really MEXT is. From what I can gather, it is a scholarship catered for international students from all over the world who would like to study in Japan provided by the Japanese government. I am 18 years old and I have already completed a 12 year compulsory education in Uzbekistan. According to the website, those who are at the age of 17-22 can apply for MEXT which means I am eligible for it. After finding about MEXT, I decided to take a gap year which is not so commonplace in my country. But I would like to devote my one year to studying Japanese in order to win this scholarship. The thing is that I still have some questions regarding it. I would highly appreciate if you guys could answer them if possible.
1. I am not sure what fields “Technology student” scholarship incorporates. I am absolutely interested in Computer Engineering. Does it pertain to fields related to only Technology?
2. If I were to choose Technology student scholarship assuming it includes Computer Engineering, do I have to sit an exam from CHEMISTRY as well? What subjects are an obligatory part of this?
Overall, I would be more than happy if you could elucidate in detail what the benefits of applying for MEXT as an undergraduate student are.

Dev Chouhan

Registered
Reaction score
I will be giving mext undergraduate scholarship test in June 2017 but I have zero knowledge of Japanese language and also don't have time to start studying Japanese, as i have to give Indian engineering entrance exam.
Can I clear exam without studying Japanese on the basis of physics,chemistry and mathematics?
Please do inform me.

hsark

後輩
Reaction score
I will be giving mext undergraduate scholarship test in June 2017 but I have zero knowledge of Japanese language and also don't have time to start studying Japanese, as i have to give Indian engineering entrance exam.
Can I clear exam without studying Japanese on the basis of physics,chemistry and mathematics?
Please do inform me.
From what I`ve seen and heard Japanese is not a requirement at undergraduate level as you will spend a intensive 1 year to a 1 year and a half studying Japanese in Japan prior to entering university.... unlike the graduate program you will most likely be doing your studies in Japanese
ps: you do write a Japanese exam but that won`t break or kill your acceptance its more important you do well in the maths and science tests etc.