What's new

MEXT Scholarship for Undergraduates 2011

Zoran

後輩
12 May 2010
Hello :)
I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina, and i have applied for MEXT UG scholarship this year... I know everything about it that there is to know except one thing... How much undergraduates are they taking in each year... and what are my chances to get it as an student of medicine with 2 years of med school already finished... i have decided to reset my academic life, and to start over in japan! I have already accumulated nice amount of knowledge and experience in ways of medicine which gives me pretty good bedrock... Do they value that when evaluating candidates, or they only look at high school achievements?
And will it be a minus points because i will be 21 by the next year (and the limit is 22), or will they count it in as extra points since of my experience...

Hello :)
I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina, and i have applied for MEXT UG scholarship this year... I know everything about it that there is to know except one thing... How much undergraduates are they taking in each year... and what are my chances to get it as an student of medicine with 2 years of med school already finished... i have decided to reset my academic life, and to start over in japan! I have already accumulated nice amount of knowledge and experience in ways of medicine which gives me pretty good bedrock... Do they value that when evaluating candidates, or they only look at high school achievements?
And will it be a minus points because i will be 21 by the next year (and the limit is 22), or will they count it in as extra points since of my experience...

bok Zorane! :)

i don't know much about undergraduate but i can share some info that i found out through my embassy...
you need to ask your embassy about how many applicants are accepted, but check the embassy web site first, i'm pretty sure they tell you about it there...
i think it's good that you already finished 2 years of medicine, that can help of couse...
and i don't think your age would be a problem, everything is ok as long as you're in the range they set as requirement...
--> of course this is all just my opinion...

Well they said that actually none were selected by MEXT after recommendation of embassy, but the nice lady in embassy told me that last year only 3 people applied and that the test results were a disaster :D, so none was selected by MEXT, she also said that they actually introduced undergraduate one in Bosnia 2-3 years ago... And that they have only sent postgraduates by now, atleast 2 every year... i am really hopping i'll do tests good enough for MEXT to pick me... i am even learning Japanese online in order to score additional points in Japanese test... I have mastered hiragana and part of grammar in past week :D... tough katakana sill remains... and kanji will wait until i get to Japan ;) since they write hiragana on top of every kanji in test :), i only need to improve my vocabulary and grammar bit more... i've decided to watch 2-3 japanese movies during weekends untill june the 8 :p... i wont mention that i still study medicine in here and have anatomy exam in july xD... i hope i wont crack :D...
Good news is that med school administration told me i'll be able to return and continue where i dropped off... if i decide to return to Bosnia :)... but i hope i'll make it :)

no one every passed? well i think tests should be taken seriously, maybe people thought they can come there and write something, but it's not how it goes, i suggest you to study hard, specially because you're in the field of medicine...

i guess you mean, when i will take the test...the test in my country is suposed to be at June the 8th, but i will now for sure in next few days

Can you help me, please :) Do you know what should i write in application? Item 8 (Educational background): Duration of attendances. Is it necessary to include summer holidays? And Total it should be 12 years?
If you would like to see the last tests you could find them here))
studyjapan.go.jp/en/toj/toj0308e.html#1

Yea, you include u summer holidays to, tough it doesent matter, they'll understand :D, but just make it be 12 years in total and u wont be mistaken...

Back
Top Bottom