What's new

MEXT Graduate 2nd screening

SereneGem

後輩
5 May 2011
Hi all,

Any idea of what happens during the secondary screening, applying from outside of Japan ?

Received my LOA and wondering whats next.....

The wait to Feb 2012 is going to be longggg.....

Hi all,
Any idea of what happens during the secondary screening, applying from outside of Japan ?
Received my LOA and wondering whats next.....
The wait to Feb 2012 is going to be longggg.....
Honestly, I too have no idea, Guess we need to wait n watch. Though I don't think they will let us down at this stage.

Last edited:
Yeah, the wait is awful, but if you passed the first screening and have LOAs, you are basically in (unless there's some ridiculous problem). It seems the final decision comes in around February (at least this was true in 2010) so for now all you can do is wait.

Sorry I don't have better news... hang in there...

Keep waiting for the good news. It is usually not as long as February (Be announced in January, for example)

I hope there won't be a cut on the number of MEXT students on the 2012 budget plan.
As for last year, only 10,656 people were accepted compared to 12,074 people in 2010.
My embassy said 2 out of 3 candidates were turned down in the secondary screening last year...

I'm getting very worried now, since we've worked so hard up to this stage...

This has been their worst year and there could be budget cuts but I have faith in the Japanese and hopefully next year everything will be fine. Like they say Nankurunaisa :)

Back
Top Bottom