What's new

Memories of Murder

carolone

後輩
2 Sep 2005
So i finally caught this film on dvd! Was so happy to watch it...I had heard so much about it earlier and was never able to find a copy with english subtitles...but i found it in the stores! Universal released it as a R1 dvd this summer...but sadly it doesnt have as many features i heard the other regions had...

anyway - the movie is great and lived up to its expectations...Its murder suspense movie that is based on true facts - a serial killer on the loose in a small village in Korea who killed many women and in the end was never caught by the police...

I loved the cinematography work and how the director and actors stayed true to their characters and plot.

Has anyone seen it? Isnt it chilling to think that the killer was never caught??!!

ナスEツ人의 窶凖??ーツッ: 窶ーテ伉湘ゥ連ツ債スナスEツ人ナス窶毒陳充/b]

Yes, that was a good movie I enjoyed watching. About half of the film gave the impression of a certain laughability, but there came a poignant, sobering turning point after which the film takes on a totally serious, magnetic effect. Memories of Murder: The Serial Murders in Hwasong City (살인의 추억 : 화성 연쇄살인사건/ ナスEツ人의 窶凖??ーツッ: 窶ーテ伉湘ゥ連ツ債スナスEツ人ナス窶毒陳? was an adapted story based on true events that took the lives of 10 females from 1986 tp 1991; the case has not been solved without a suspect who is suspected to be at large to this day.

Actually the film toys with the theme of state perpetrated system of violence that runs roughly parallel to the invididual violence perpetrated by an individual. State sanctioned violence: will it ever go away from the minds of Modern Koreans ? Modern anoybody ? The film raises these subtle yet disturbing questions as the case falls ever deeper into the abyss of unsolved cases. Released 2003.

Film review by Prof. Kim Songdon, Songgyunguan Univ. School of Law
Remembering Violence through the Eyes of Memoires of Murder
Sorry, Korean only. Google translation is very garbled.
Google translation-- partial & unedited
What was not translated was also done ty google language tool manually (with minimum editing).
Violence persists in the world we live in. Violence is bad and it is one of difference not to do the thing and violence which know the thing. Consequently the effective method which diminishes a violence by a law department order the time after death punishment method more with the human being abandons a power of explosion letting in advance and must search for from the method which it makes.

It abandons a power of explosion and the head of a family effective method which it makes uses a power of explosion advantage of the work which it abandons in conduct of the counterpart to follow, it is decided it is a method which it departs from the mechanism of power of explosion. And the mechanism of like this violence is to be immanent must have the attitude which it recognizes in original nature of the human being.

Today according to the research result of cognitive science which probably is the human being which has a convenient nature leads and violence it gets it puts out but a profit and and by the element which probably is a human being original nature step it steps up with more high dimension and, that non-violence is the more rational choice.

The human being regarding the conduct and that result of the oneself only percentage knows a thought, regarding that thought to think, against the thought regarding a thought it is in order to think.

We until now tested and we got by experience progress methods of many discord solution as well - obeying in constitutional government, it will agree with each other and an opening characteristic and and searching for the method which is reconciled, profit of profit and the others of the oneself the ability a rational characteristic seeing with the eye which is equal - with this accident ability of the same human being namely, it will have it will be able to pursue (as the union ㆍ recursive accident ability does) as the fruit is a possibility of doing from the science which the today when it will reach probably is.

With this in order to display voinstinct which is immanent together in human being original nature the enemy opening characteristic which probably is, the method is basic solution of violence decrease. The each individual is displayed a like this method continuously and when, also the convenience original nature of the human being regarding violence will can change gradually and.

Nature which changes like this in the hands after us and and leads and the gene of our each ones it can be handed down to posterity. The instinct against the power of explosion which the mankind of distant past point of view is having with instinct degree of violence which now we are having the cotton where the different thing is clear...

- Kim Songdon, Songgyungwan University, School of Law, Department of Legal Studies
Sorry about the messy machine translation, hope to have a chance to edit later

Wow! That is an amazing review!
But i really agree...there were certainly a laughable part of the movie and it was well balanced with the violent spurges.

I can see the violence in state and personal issue...but i think it also adresss the issue of psychological effects that can affect the character of a person...so much stress can change your own way of thinking...resorting to being desperate and irrational...

Back
Top Bottom