What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

MEM International Graduate Program 2014 Todai

Ryan123

Kouhai
Reaction score
I am applying for the MEM International Graduate Program at the University of Tokyo for Chemical Engineering because they have a great ChemoInformatics Lab that I am captivated by.

I have a degree in Chemical Engineering but I have been working as a software engineer for the last couple of years saving up enough money to go to a masters program. As I know most people apply for the MEXT scholarship, I was wondering if being a self supported student improves my chances of being accepted? If so, by how much?

Thank You, and I will be sure to update you all with my progress to add to the wealth of information on this site. :)

nar

後輩
Reaction score
If by self supported student you mean your willing to be a self supported student then I assume it will improve your chances of being accepted since it seems that program automatically recommends the top students for scholarships with additional spots for those not selected for scholarships.

However I'm wondering, are you applying to the 2014 or the 2015 program? Because the 2014 application deadline has already passed.

Top Bottom