What's new

Meeting a Potential Tutor Tommorow...

Fantt

Envious of Nabeshin's Fro
29 Jun 2003
I'm meeting a potential Japanese tutor tommorow. He is a native speaker, a graduate student at a nearby university who was advertising in Craigslist as being a Japanese tutor. I have contacted him and we're going to meet tommorow night for an inital Q&A session to see if we can profit from each other. He has taught Japanese before and is familiar with the Genki textbook that I'm using. I'm primarily interested in tutoring to help my probably atrocious Japanese pronunciation and in help learning things that aren't found in my textbooks.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what sorts of questions I should ask, and if you had or have a tutor, what sorts of things would you look for or have you found to be productive? Any advice is appreciated!

You should be fine, as long as you can speak some Japanese and he can speak some english. Perhaps you could try to write up a lesson plan, focusing mostly on the areas where you need the most help?
If you are worried about your pronunciation, dedicate a good amount of time to conversation. Do you write a daily diary in Japanese? If so, show that to him too, so that he can see what your ability is like.

I would just make sure to let him know the main points you want to work on. Explain the areas you are having trouble in and would like to work on.

Back
Top Bottom