What's new

Media Job in Japan

To get a visa, you must first be eligible for it. Then, you must have an employer who is willing to sponsor you for it. So, interview and get hired.

Once those 2 hurdles are overcome, you apply with paperwork from you and the employer.

Berlitz is an international language company. Haven't you heard of it?
AEON is considered one of the top chain language schools in Japan. ECC, too.
None of these 3 is without its faults, but you could do far worse.

Yeah, so if I went with Berlitz then even though they would do the interview in Japan they should sponsor me before I come over? I have honestly never heard of Berlitz, my fiancée suggested them and AEON.
As for AEON and ECC, it sounds like AEON pays quite well but is a bit ridged. But ECC is a bit more flexible, although not quite as well paid. Berlitz also sounds a bit more flexible as well. I guess the safest bet is to apply to all three of them, as there's no guarantee that any of them will accept me.
Thanks again.

Yes, your best bet is to apply for all of them and perhaps even more. There is no guarantee that anyone will interview or hire you, despite the fact that many people say such places take anyone with a pulse. Yes, some of the people they hire can barely fog a mirror, but not all, and many people are turned down for various reasons.

AEON and ECC are ranked by some as roughly the same. You might end up with a bad branch manager for either one, but that's life everywhere. One thing to know about AEON is that they provide housing like so many conversation schools, but if you choose not to take it and you find something on your own, you still have to pay for their provided housing!

ECC pays 252,000 yen/month before taxes. You are scheduled to work 29.5 hours/week, which technically makes you a part-time worker in the eyes of the government, so ECC is not obligated to copay for your health insurance premiums or to put you on a pension plan, and you will have to do those on your own.

AEON pays 270,000 yen/month with possible increases after a year. "Ridged"??? Do you mean rigid? How so?

When I mean ridged, maybe I'm using the wrong word. I mean in the way it seems like they hold your had from take off and at arrival, for example they say they have someone meet you at the airport and take you to a branch. If at all possible I really want to make my own way over, and spend a couple days with my girl friend before getting stuck into work. But it doesnt sound like they would alow this? I think Berlitz may.

Back
Top Bottom