leonmarino

Back
19 May 2006
This really shocked me..

BBC.co.uk
CNN.com
ナスナセナス窶独檀ニ鍛ニ暖ニ坦ニ停ぎ
窶卍キツ催ィツ新窶「ツキ(PDF)

Nagasaki has been a symbol of peace for me since I heard about the low crime rates and experienced the relaxed atmosphere myself.. Sure, I've been to ナスvヒ???ケ' (sianbashi) and saw a lot of underground figures too, but this is just too sad for words.

Apparently the suspect (a member of the Yamaguchi-clan??) had some trouble with something very trivial like a car-accident that wasn't handled by the local government to his satisfaction..

Mayor Itou was running election campaigns for his fourth term, and that would suggest that he was favored and maybe even loved by many of this city.. Sad sad sad.. :(

I just read about this a few minutes ago. Indeed shocking news for Japan, as attacks on politicians are very rare. The gangster who did this must have felt very frustrated, cause its quite a dumb reason to kill a politician if he didnt have any political motives..

Oh great. I'm going to be in Nagasaki tomorrow. I hope they don't close up the city in mourning.

Again shocking news, what's wrong with this world sometimes?

People close to the suspects said Shiroo made complaints to the city government in 2003 over an accident in which part of his vehicle fell into a hole at a construction site of the project ordered by the city.

I was sorry to hear this news, too - and at the same time as the tragedy in Virginia. I hope the city of Nagasaki can recover from this and find another mayor they like and trust.

I saw it in the paper this morning; this is the first shooting I've heard of since my arrival last fall. It might be because it's such a high profile case, but I remember it being the first thing to occur to me after the shock wore off.

I understand that this isn't the first public official in Nagasaki to be assassinated, either...

Another gun crime:(
I remember there was a gun battle between yakuzas in Roppongi last year...

I just read about this a few minutes ago. Indeed shocking news for Japan, as attacks on politicians are very rare. The gangster who did this must have felt very frustrated, cause its quite a dumb reason to kill a politician if he didnt have any political motives..

Yeah, I know, I thought this only happened in gang fights and police-mafia related fights that mostly happen in Latin America. Right now, the drug-related deaths are so much a problem in Mexico that the country even considered and passed a law stating that most kind of drugs would be legal in small amounts, mainly to get rid of mafias, however, the bill didn't go through.

Mauricio

Out of curiosity here, where is there doubt? The guy admitted to shooting him and he was apprehended at the scene of the shooting?

I think the doubt is that it isn't sure yet what his motive was.

Yeah, I've heard something about this guy wanting to "get revenge" on the mayor for something involving his car getting damaged when he drove into a hole at a public works site and tried to get compensation from the city. But others think that this is a cover-up for something else.

Anyway, this is certainly shocking news to hear of another shooting. I'm sure many of the people of Nagasaki are also shocked.

As fate would have it, two days after the Mayor's assassination, I am in Nagasaki. I saw the location of the assassination while en route to the Nagasaki A-bomb museum. On the way back, I took this picture from a foot bridge near the scene and afterwards I went over and signed the condolence book. They seemed touched that a foreigner would take the time to honor their fallen Mayor this way.
Mayorassassinationsite-1.jpg

I considered a past crime example.
I feel doubt in a motive of a crime.

A criminal is quite different from an action principle of a yakuza.
A yakuza profits by blackmail.
When they threaten city halls, they aim at the middle managerial staff member.
The middle managerial staff member easily hands money to a yakuza.
Even if a yakuza threatens the mayor, money does not pass to a yakuza.
If the mayor hands money to a yakuza, it is a scandal.
But it does not become a scandal of the mayor if Civil servant hands money to a yakuza.
A yakuza understands it.

In addition, why did not the police mark him if he threatened the mayor?
A disgraceful affair of the police?

To leonmarino

This really shocked me..
BBC.co.uk
CNN.com
時事ドットコム
長崎新聞(PDF)
Nagasaki has been a symbol of peace for me since I heard about the low crime rates and experienced the relaxed atmosphere myself.. Sure, I've been to 思案橋 (sianbashi) and saw a lot of underground figures too, but this is just too sad for words.
Apparently the suspect (a member of the Yamaguchi-clan??) had some trouble with something very trivial like a car-accident that wasn't handled by the local government to his satisfaction..
Mayor Itou was running election campaigns for his fourth term, and that would suggest that he was favored and maybe even loved by many of this city.. Sad sad sad.. :(

You are so right! Nagasaki is a wondeful and peaceful town. I visited this town in October 2000, and there was no other town I liked better than Nagasaki in Japan. And then I read and saw on TV that the mayor of this towm, Mr.Ito was killed. Indeed this is very sad!!
I am sorry for his family and for the people of Nagasaki.

The crime motive of a criminal seems to have been different from a trouble of a public works project.
He seems to have been troubled with life.
Because incomes decreased, the criminal seems to have been demoted among society of a yakuza.

Back
Top Bottom