What's new

Maybe she got hit too much with da stupid stick

den4

先輩
15 Nov 2002
Once too many hits with the stupid stick may offer a reason for this story...the way some peoples' kids these days behave and think is scary...

12-y.o. girl held over Tokyo supermarket arson

An elementary school girl who set fire to clothes and blankets at a Tokyo supermarket after watching a television program showing fires has been taken into custody and reported to a child consultation center, police said.

Police took the 12-year-old girl into custody after she admitted starting fires at an Ito-Yokado supermarket in the Tokyo city of Akishma.

When questioned by police, she reportedly told officers she had started the fire after seeing blazes break out at the Don Quijote discount retail chain in Saitama Prefecture.

"I saw the Don Quijote fires on TV, and I wondered what kind of disturbance it would cause if I lit a fire," she was quoted as saying.

Investigators said the girl used a barbecue lighter to set fire to blankets on the third floor of the supermarket at about 4:10 p.m. on Dec. 17, then set alight children's sweaters about half an hour later.

Workers at the store put out both fires, but a total of 94 items, including seven blankets and a number of sweaters were burned.

About 50 customers who were on the third floor at the time were evacuated from the building, but no one was injured.

Police said the girl also admitting starting a fire in the stationery department of the same store. Police reported her to the Tachikawa child consultation center in Tokyo. (Mainichi Shimbun, Japan, Jan. 13, 2005)

I read the story this morning, too.

Don't they teach what is right and what is wrong anymore at home or school?

I will add to my post.

That little girl must have known that arson was a crime and it would cause damage, from reading the interview, it sounded as if she wanted to get attention by doing something that she saw on television which gave her sensation.

It is indeed sad...

maybe a few more hits with the baka-stick may knock some sense into her.... :D

Investigators said the girl used a barbecue lighter to set fire to blankets on the third floor of the supermarket at about 4:10 p.m. on Dec. 17, then set alight children's sweaters about half an hour later.

...A supermarket with three floors????

Anyway, this girl is old enough to know that what she's done is wrong. A much younger child I could probably excuse for not knowing better, but not in this case.

most major J-department stores have multiple floors where clothing and other stuff are available, and the basement is usually reserved for the food items...so it's more like a all-in-one type of shop....supermarket can be misleading.....

Sounds like this girl is suffering from some sort of pyschological problem. To set a fire at random like that. At least that's what I think. It sucks to hear about things like that. :(

Yea, I know about the department stores, which is what I initially assumed it was until seeing the word "supermarket" which to me has always been "grocery store."

"I wondered what kind of disturbance it would cause if I lit a fire"

That's all you need to read, honestly.

Seriously, I've thought numerous times of scenarios where I could do things illegal, but seriously, who's so inquisitive to do it?

Oh I'm sorry officer I always wondered what a human splean looked like.

I think she watch too much TV and play R-Rated games too often :p Kids & Teens even some adult incline to immitate what they think is "super cool". U know what i mean.. =-/

kids need to go out and play in the real world more often, so when they get the @#$% kicked out of them during a soccer match, or get smacked upside the head with a dodgeball or get the head slammed into the ground playing rugby, or slam onto the hard gym floor playing volleyball, they kind of learn that when you get hurt, that's how it feels like...and they start developing self awareness skills and stop asking stupid questions that will just get them into trouble....

would help if the schools also help reinforce some outside activity, rather than focus on stupid entrance exam tests and juku cram sessions...

Back
Top Bottom