What's new

Matrix Revolutions

neptunemoon

Crazy Kitty Girl "Meow"
3 Nov 2003
Has anyone seen this movie yet? I just saw it today. I thought it was ok but they could easily make another movie. Well let me know what you think. NO SPOILERS thank you 🙂

I haven't seen it yet, but i plan to It looks great, but from what ive heard (from critics anyway) its not much more than the special FX (but thats been said about all of them :p) but hey it did get 3 stars from my local news paper :p

Moved to Chit Chat...

Gonna see it this weekend, hope it's better than Reloaded...

hey no spoiling. it mostly is special effects. The fighting reminded me of Dbz and you still dont know what is going on. Can anyone xplain the story line

Didn't liked it. :(

I don't know... maybe I was expecting something with the story quality of the first movie and the FX quality of the second but it wasn't either.

Well... the FX are ok, but... it wasn't so suprising and it felt like a quick wrap up of the story. The Wachowski brothers said that this would be the last one Matrix but there are really a lot of loose ends in the end.
If this movie wasn't the last of the trilogy and carried a lot of the Matrix hype, it wouldn't hold its own on the market and would probably been a sci-fi movie grade B flop.

They are so confusing adding new plots in there games and then the animatrix. I hope when they have a special DVD that will clear things up

Saw it last night. Better than that cinematic dungheap Reloaded was (save for the highway scene) but I thought the ending was lame. Had they just skipped the first 20 minutes or so of dialogue and jumped straight to the battle for Zion then I would have liked it more.

It was okay in my opinion. I've never really seen the Matrix movies as being deep though or having much in the way of hidden meanings in the way that I've seen other people look at them, to me you basically go to see one of them to just watch some cool fight scenes with special effects lol and that's what I got. For some reason parts of this movie reminded me of what I wanted Terminator 3 to be more like, such as the battle for Zion (in my opinion, the best part of the movie). I dont quite know how to explain it, but around then I just was really impressed by the action in a way I dont think I've been since Terminator 2.

The final battle was okay to begin with, but in my opinion it got dull really quickly. I wont say any more about it though.

Overall, the film was better than what I was expecting based on reviews and that's good enough for me!

Wish it hadn't all been spoiled by people not using spoiler tags in the last few days though...bah.

THIS MESSAGE HAS SPOILERS< IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE MOVIE DO NOT READ!

I thought it was all right too. All the reviews I had read said it sucked, so I wasn't expecting much, so I guess I was sort of pleasantly surprised. I thought the battle scenes were really cool, the effects were great.

I think that the story wasn't so good though. The ending was something of an anti-climax though I kind of liked the fact that -WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD - they let the two main characters die in the end rather than the happy living ever after ending I was expecting.

The thing that made the story so weak was that they just kept giving charecters powers to defeat their adversaries whenever they needed them. Like when Neo gets blinded they just suddenly decide that he can see things electronically anyway. Or when he is approaching the machine city and they start attacking him he is suddenly blessed with the power to make the robots spontaneously combust by just waving his hand at them. What was up with that? And the end fight scene with agent Smith had the same problem. He beats the crap out of Neo, but then suddenly the machines somehow manage to make him and all his doubles blow up because he had sucked up the oracle earlier in the film. Well if they had been able to do that all along, what was the point of them having Neo go in there to fight him in the first place?

Geez, what a loser I am. Over-analyzing a sci fi movie on an internet message board. I swore I would never do that. Oh well.

Eh well SPOILERS.

Someone at another board mentioned the thing about how Smith died was supposed to be the equation being balanced, you know, how Neo was supposed to be Smith's opposite.

Well lets say Neo is 1 and Smith is -1, this would mean that when Neo became part of smith, they balanced each other out as 1 - 1 = 0.

It kinda makes sense, but then again if that was true it makes you wonder what all that stuff happening with Neo and the machines and such at the same time in the real world was.

Ok so since there are now spoilers I might as well ad to the list.

SPOILER***************************************************

You know whats funny is that trinity had three poles in her and it took her five minutes to die yet I think it was the second one some guy was impaled by one and he died instantly or something, And if they could hack why not have infinite ammo. There are so many mistakes.

Originally posted by Mr. Deathy
It was okay in my opinion. I've never really seen the Matrix movies as being deep though or having much in the way of hidden meanings in the way that I've seen other people look at them, to me you basically go to see one of them to just watch some cool fight scenes with special effects lol and that's what I got. For some reason parts of this movie reminded me of what I wanted Terminator 3 to be more like, such as the battle for Zion (in my opinion, the best part of the movie). I dont quite know how to explain it, but around then I just was really impressed by the action in a way I dont think I've been since Terminator 2.

The final battle was okay to begin with, but in my opinion it got dull really quickly. I wont say any more about it though.

Overall, the film was better than what I was expecting based on reviews and that's good enough for me!

Wish it hadn't all been spoiled by people not using spoiler tags in the last few days though...bah.

How can you say there is no meaning behind it all! O.O There was a whole book written on the spirtual meaning of the whole movie. True, the fighting was great and the fx were stunning, but there was something more about the story. For those who have seen revolutions the part where Neo is in a place between the real world and the matrix isn't it a simile of pergatory. You probably wouldn't understand it unless you're christian or have an acute sense of religious awareness. Maybe I'm just the only one that saw the spirtual aspect of the movie lol.:p

I never thought of it that way. I'm sure there are hundreds of hidden meanings throughout the movie and thats why you woul have to watch it a million times

Yeah there was thing in the second one that I cuaght only after watching it twice. Was the part where the oracle knows wwht are choice will be but she doesn't know what will come out of it. Like, you know what you will choose but you don't know why you choose it. It's basically fate. Your choice is fate, you were meant to choose this and destiny is what comes form your fate. I hope you guys got that, sort of. :p😊

the movie was OK..... i preferred it to Reloaded.

It really made me want to watch the Star Wars trilogy though!

Yeah, it kind of reminded me of Star Wars a bit too. Like when they are in the little hovercraft and all the machine drones attack them and the guys get into the gun turrets to shoot them down. It was kind of like in Star Wars when they are in the Millenium Falcon and it gets attacked by Tie Fighters and.......Oh man, what a loser I am.

I guess there probably was a lot of hidden meaning in the movies, but unless you are willing to watch them 10 times and analyze everthing that gets said, I think the message is going to be lost.

Now the first movie I thought was the best in this respect because it had a very simple social commentary that was very relevant. I mean, we effectively live in a Matrix like world where everyone is hooked up to TVs, computers, cell phones, etc. These machines are controlled by people who are presenting a version of reality which is often false in an attempt to alter our lifestyle (and spending) habits. In the movie, the machines control humans as a source of energy. In reality, the machines of mass media control us as a source of income for the corporations that run them.

But in the second and third movies they sort of went away from this simple, relevant message and, in my opinion, got too caught up in making a sort of meaningless psuedo-religion that would appeal to fans of the movie but wouldn't mean anything to the average person on the street.

grrrrr...i was so disappointed with revolutions...i was in a real bad mood after it cos i was so let down. i was so bored, during the 'action' scenes my mind wandered to what was in the fridge to eat when i got home. the ending was good on paper, but the execution of it was poor...and there wasnt enough agent smith - he rules

agent smith is rich two triligies geez.

@Nikki the insane but believing in fate is not always good i mean cant we change our fate

I also found it almost mediocre and lacking the originality and suspense of #1. I wasn't particularly disappointed -- after #2 I wasn't expecting that much -- just not blown away. Not even close.

Originally posted by neptunemoon
agent smith is rich two triligies geez.

@nikki the insane but believing in fate is not always good i mean cant we change our fate

We think we can change our fate, but we can't. (Since i'm christain this will sound christian, i understnad if you dont agree with me) I believe that a higher being, god in other words, knows what will happen to us, he knows our choices. If a fortune teller told you you were going to die in a month, you would do everything possible not to get killed in a month, but based on the choices you made you are still going to get killed. By taking the choices you did to try not to kill yourself you, get killed anyway, your fate (future) was already determined and no matter how much you think you can change it, you still can't. The future teller was destined to tell you you were going to die, and since it was her fate to let you know you were going to die, you would of course try not to get yourself killed. If you had never talked to the fortune teller and she never told you you were going to die, you wouldn't have made the same choices and you probably wouldn't have died. I hope that makes sense.

It doesn't, because if there was a higher being, then you'd think he/she would be intelligent.
Why would an intelligent being want to control all of our lives? It wouldn't make any sense.

Unless... we're some kind of lab-experiment and that being can get personal gain out of it. Just like in the Matrix.

By the way, all this stuff has already been discussed by the great philosophers. The Wachowsky brothers have used thin elements from these philosophers writings in the Matrix. These are all centuries old writings. There's nothing 'hidden' about it. If you've read this stuff, then the Matrix is a rather weak representation.

That doesn't mean it's a great action-movie though, with brilliant special effects.

Saw it the other day-hated it! What a let down! I understand the need for closure, but it was almost like someone else made that movie-someone who just didn't care to build up the plot enough! It's like they didn't even try!
Q "What am I supposed to do?"
A "You already know that."

Q "Where am I supposed to go?"

Q "How am I supposed to do it?"

What a bunch of crap! I guess the audience is supposed to be psychic to know what the hell is going on! I was very disappointed and wanted my 1300 Yen back when it was done!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20031113/film_nm/film_boxoffice_dc_4

Personally, I think RotK will do better numbers-wise once released. I thought Revolutions was worth seeing on the "Big Screen" at least once but RotK looks like it might pull me back in for a second or third time if it's as good as I hope/think it will be.
:)

Back
Top Bottom