What's new

Matches maps ??????

Grandpa Frank

先輩
21 May 2003
I was wondering. When I was in Japan(70-71) just about every business had match books or boxes with a little map of their location. If there was a chance I might want to return there, I just took some matches and wrote on it in english a little about the place. When I wanted to go back, I just gave it to the taxi driver, and they would take me there. To this day, I still have a bunch of matches in a box down cellar I saved. IT sure made getting around easier, till I learned some Japanese.
Another trick I used was getting a Japanese person to write out a location I wanted to go to on paper (legibly), and giving it to the taxi driver to take me there. Make sure it is someone you trust; my Japanese "buddy" wrote down something about dropping me off in gaijin hell and the taxi driver had a laughing fit.

Uncle Frank

😊

Takuro Morinaga, an economist and super otaku, is proud of collecting giveaway tissues.
He said that only three Japanese were doing that right now. So it might be a good time if you want your Frank D. White IV to say his grand-grand father was the first non-Japanese collecter in 2106, for Morinaga says/believes anything turn to be treasure if you'd keep it for 100yrs.

Morinaga's otaku collection

Me too,a collector freak.I've amassed a huge accumulation of McDonald's and Burger King Kid's Meal plastic cartoon-theme toys since I was a kid.I began my collection of business cards and promotion advertising pens later in adulthood.

Haha,Mr Morinaga has a fine collection of all sorts.

Back
Top Bottom