What's new

Manga sentence translation

Jnj890

後輩
2 Feb 2018
Hello, I am a beginner in Japanese and right now am trying to translate a manga to help with my studies. I came across a sentence that I'm not quite sure how to translate.

それ で りり僕自身愛情も性衝動凍りついている
I think its something like this. (sore de riri boku jishin aijou mo seishoudou mo koritsuite iru)

I have it broken down and each word translated but I can't seem to make a coherent English sentence.
So far I have - sore de riri (Lily, that one) boku jishin (myself) aijou mo (Love) seishoudou mo (sexual urge) koritsuite iru (is frozen).

If it helps: a man sees a woman (guessing lily) at his engagement party (political marriage) and then the sentence above. to put it in context :).

If someone could help me I would appreciate it. I also could be totally wrong on my translations.

Can you upload the image of the scene? Isn't it それでいい, by any chance?

How do you get "that one" from それで ?
Well Sore is used to say "that" but I couldn't find anything on sore de so u just left it for now as "That" the one isn't really supposed to be 1 just saying "that one thing". But I only guessed.

Can you upload the image of the scene? Isn't it それでいい, by any chance?
Your right it is "ii" 🙂: I was just seeing it backwards. So that is now saying "that's fine" (I think) which would make more sense. I also uploaded the page. I am looking at the last panel for help. For the first four panels I believe he says "I am happy to become apart of the family". The thoughts are 'megumi hashimoto. I do not love her'. She says "I am happy also" and last panel 'She also doesn't love me. This is purely a marriage of convenience'. But this is probably loose translation. Like I said I'm beginner.

Attachments

• manga translation.jpg
    manga translation.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Your right it is "ii" 🙂: I was just seeing it backwards. So that is now saying "that's fine" (I think) which would make more sense. I also uploaded the page. I am looking at the last panel for help. For the first four panels I believe he says "I am happy to become apart of the family". The thoughts are 'megumi hashimoto. I do not love her'. She says "I am happy also" and last panel 'She also doesn't love me. This is purely a marriage of convenience'. But this is probably loose translation. Like I said I'm beginner.
Looking at this again realizing my mistake with " それ で いい " I'm going to guess what he is saying is "It's fine my love/passion is frozen" something to that effect.

This is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond anything you are going to be able to figure out out derive any benefit from. Spend the time you're wasting on this on learning the fundamentals of the language first.

This is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond anything you are going to be able to figure out out derive any benefit from. Spend the time you're wasting on this on learning the fundamentals of the language first.
Thank you for the advice. Does that mean my translation is wrong?

If you mean "I am happy to become a part of the family", yes, you got the gist of it. He is actually saying "I am happy to become a member of Hashimoto family", though.

Looking at this again realizing my mistake with " それ で いい " I'm going to guess what he is saying is "It's fine my love/passion is frozen" something to that effect.
You missed the second も. It's 僕自身愛情も性衝動凍りついている. The translation of this part is correct, but it's actually two sentences; それでいい。僕自身愛情も性衝動も凍りついている。. それ refers to what he said/thought previously, not what the following one, so it's "That's fine. My love and also passion are frozen".

If you mean "I am happy to become a part of the family", yes, you got the gist of it. He is actually saying "I am happy to become a member of Hashimoto family", though.

You missed the second も. It's 僕自身愛情も性衝動凍りついている. The translation of this part is correct, but it's actually two sentences; それでいい。僕自身愛情も性衝動も凍りついている。. それ refers to what he said/thought previously, not what the following one, so it's "That's fine. My love and also passion are frozen".
Thank you very much for your help. I appreciate it. :)

Back
Top Bottom