What's new

Mailing letters and the like to Japan

BloodRedRamune

baka no baka
20 Mar 2004
If I'm trying to send a letter or a package to Japan from the US how many stamps and the like do I need to have? Do I need anything else on the letter or package? Thanks! :giggle:

Go to www.usps.gov and use the international postage calculator. For packages you'll need to fill out a customs form which is available at your local post office. For a typical letter, it should be 80 cents.

I don't know if it's the same in USA, but in UK it is a lot more expensive to send a package if there is a letter enclosed.

I don't know why this is, but if they ask if there is a letter in the package it's best to say that there isn't.

Grachan said:
I don't know if it's the same in USA, but in UK it is a lot more expensive to send a package if there is a letter enclosed.

I don't know why this is, but if they ask if there is a letter in the package it's best to say that there isn't.

This is a real pain in the ***!! Here in the UK if a letter is in the parcel it's classed as "personal correspondence" :p NUTS innit!!!

Nope it's not, but if some nosie Postal worker asks you just say "It's none of your business!" or just say "No." Any way it's classified as International Parcel not a letter, but if it's a book, CD's or anything that is a Media item then look at the rates to see which way is cheaper to send, as a bulk parcel or as a Media Parcel.

Back
Top Bottom