What's new

Lost and found item culture in Japan

Augustinp

Registered
7 Sep 2015
Do you know if there is a blog, forum, online community about lost and found item in Tokyo (and in Japan generally speaking)?
Many thanks

Thank you WonkoTheSane. I am interested in the concept in Japan, especially in the existence of a physical community helping each other like nowhere else in the world. I was wondering if there is an equivalent online? The Tokyo Metro Lost and Found center online for exemple?

I have no idea about whether there is an online community. I can say, however, after having tried to retrieve an umbrella from a station, I've learned my lesson. It would have cost me less time and effort to just work for the amount of time it would take to purchase a new umbrella.

Terribly sorry that's not very helpful.

You can turn stuff over to the police too. Say if you find it on the street or where ever. They hold it for ....3 months....maybe. I forget. Afterwards you can claim it. Finders, keepers. I once found 3-4 man on the street. Not in an envelope or anything. Didn't see who dropped it. Turned it in. Filed a report on the details. No one claimed it, so I got to keep it after the holding period expired.

You can turn stuff over to the police too. Say if you find it on the street or where ever. They hold it for ....3 months....maybe. I forget. Afterwards you can claim it. Finders, keepers. I once found 3-4 man on the street. Not in an envelope or anything. Didn't see who dropped it. Turned it in. Filed a report on the details. No one claimed it, so I got to keep it after the holding period expired.

Six months.

Back
Top Bottom