What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Looking for some family friends named Takase from 1969 near Fusso or Tachikawa

Legolad

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

My family lived on Yokota AB in 1967-1970. During that time, my family became friends with the Takase family. They were Toshio (father), Fumiko (mother), and Akemi (daughter). Akemi was born around 1961 or 1962.

I recently uncovered a treasure trove of old photographs and 8mm film and the Takase family is in many of the pictures and films. I would love to share these memories with the family, but I have no idea how to find them. I was hoping it might be easier since I have 3 people's names.

If someone reads this and can help, I would be very grateful.

Thanks so much,
David

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
Do you happen to have anything which might show their names written in Japanese characters or which has an address? Do you know the father's occupation and roughly how old he is?

Legolad

Registered
Reaction score
Do you happen to have anything which might show their names written in Japanese characters or which has an address? Do you know the father's occupation and roughly how old he is?

Hi Mike. Thanks for offering to help. I really appreciate it.

I will look through the pictures and film again to see if I can find their names, but I don't recall seeing anything. Assuming it might have been on the front of their home, I may be out of luck. All of the pictures at their house are in their back yard and inside their home.

If I remember correctly, the father was close in age to my father (84 in 2016). I think he was a policeman of some sort. I have asked my family to see if they remember and will post back here if I get more details.

Thanks again.

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
I have to earn you ahead of time that based on past experience of actually successfully finding and contacting families in cases like this that you shouldn't be surprised if they just extraordinarily flat out don't give a sh!t and express zero interest in the items. My experiences in this kind of thing are going to severely limit the amount of my own personal time that I spend on it.

Legolad

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Mike. I understand. I just wouldn't feel right if I didn't at least try. I trust your judgement. Do what you feel comfortable doing, no more. And thanks again.

Top Bottom