What's new

Looking for relatives Kyoto YAMADA

Threedoubs

後輩
17 Apr 2004
My mother was born December 15, 1926 in Kyoto , Japan. She met my father in 1954 while he was stationed there in the army at Camp Otsu. They married there and came back to the states. She never went back. My father passed away in 1992, my mother in 1995. She had contact with my sister I believe in 1993, but because of a series of strokes and dementia, I do not know if she really could communicate. This search started because my son was doing a family tree project in junior high. Ater going thru many boxes of records etc. I found letters in japanese dating from 1970 thru 1984 which I am now trying to have translated. I really dont remember how we got through to her sister in 1993. I have found paperwork from the ward in which my mother lived (a koseki?), and also a picture of her mother and father 1 sister and 1 brother (year unknown). My mothers maiden name was Hideko Yamada. Her father Eiji, mother Shimo (Nakagawa), two sisters Chikako and Haruyo, two brothers Hisao and Takeo. I need to check the "Koseki" because I believe it goes back another generation. Any information would be great. THANKS

Follow Up

Threedoubs said:
My mother was born December 15, 1926 in Kyoto, Japan. She met my father in 1954 while he was stationed there in the army at Camp Otsu. They married there and came back to the states. She never went back. My father passed away in 1992, my mother in 1995. She had contact with my sister I believe in 1993, but because of a series of strokes and dementia, I do not know if she really could communicate. This search started because my son was doing a family tree project in junior high. Ater going thru many boxes of records etc. I found letters in japanese dating from 1970 thru 1984 which I am now trying to have translated. I really dont remember how we got through to her sister in 1993. I have found paperwork from the ward in which my mother lived (a koseki?), and also a picture of her mother and father 1 sister and 1 brother (year unknown). My mothers maiden name was Hideko Yamada. Her father Eiji, mother Shimo (Nakagawa), two sisters Chikako and Haruyo, two brothers Hisao and Takeo. I need to check the "Koseki" because I believe it goes back another generation. Any information would be great. THANKS

This is a short follow-up. I was stationed at Camp Otsu from November 1954 until June 1955. I have sent this message to Barry Palmer who lives in Otsu now and Bob Proctor who was there when your mom and dad were there.

Don Devaney

Back
Top Bottom