What's new

Looking for name of song/band

24 Sep 2012
A pet project of mine is finding those rare obscure songs that I tend to hear for fleeting moments, whether from a video or a 10 second television advert. About six years ago I heard this song, what I presume is Japanese, in a Japanese skate video called "Marvelous 2."

I am looking for information on the band/song that begins at 2:11 in this video. Anything from lyrics in English or native language, or a song title preferably would be a great help. This video is pretty old, maybe 10 years if not more. Sounds like a great band. And it's not asian kung-fu generation since I already researched them several years back.

masahiro fujii2 - YouTube

I looked until I got bored waiting for lyrics. Even skipping ahead I didn't hit any. Just some electronic crap BGM on a skateboarding video. Did I miss something?

In my original post I said that the song begins at 2:11. Thanks for looking. It's not electronic, it's like a jpop song, although the quality isn't too great. Hope this helps.

Please don't simply dismiss miss it on the grounds that "I don't like this type of j-music, so it's not worth your time to look for." I hate it when people do that.

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 14:51 ----------

If you skip ahead to 4:57, you here what I believe is the chorus and it's very very easy to hear. Now if only someone who spoke the language would listen to it... :D

So far I'm the only s.o.b. who bothered to show up to your party so don't be so damned choosy about who tries to help you. I told you what I heard and asked if I had missed something. Then you get your knickers in a knot over me hatin' on some Casio fluff that isn't the song you're asking about.

The song is bog-standard generic J-Rock. Hard to tell much about it with the bass and the sound of skateboard wheels competing to see which can best drown out the lyrics.

Have you tried asking the guy who put the video together?

I do speak the language, d!ck. You, on the other hand, can't even be sure if it's Japanese or not.

Last edited:
I didn't say one negative thing toward you. I even thanked you for taking the time to look over my post. If you would listen to the parts I specifically said, it's very easy to make out the words. I just don't speak Japanese. I put my effort and studies into something different than you. You have no right to treat a perfect stranger that way.

At any rate, thanks for your time. Don't comment on my thread again. With that out of the way....

Anyone who isn't rude to a newcomer care to help me out?

カラーチャート
作詞:ヤマダ 作曲:エポキシー 歌:エポキシー

Color Chart
words by Yamada, music and sung by EPOXY

無題ドキュメント
(You can hear the song by clicking the red square on the page linked above.)

According to their home page, they formed the band in 1999, released the first song in August 2000, and have suspended live performance since 2008 (probably because two or three members quit the band).

Back
Top Bottom