What's new

Looking for my mother's Japanese Family (Kato)

CBrower

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
My mother, Harumi Kato, was born Nov 7, 1931 and died in 2010. She had 3 brothers, Masami (b. 1926, d. 2010?), Koji (b. 1929) and Hiromi (b. 1936). My mother married my American dad in 1957 in Japan and they moved to the US and stayed. The last information I had about Hiromi was that he lived in Matsugaoka, Takatsuki-shi, Osaka and I spoke to his daughter, Mariko in 2011 after the earthquake and tsunami. I've tried the phone number I used then and it has been disconnected. But when I use Google Earth to look up the address in Osaka, the name "Katoh" is outside the house. I will be traveling through Narita on June 30 and would love to connect with someone/anyone from my Japanese family. If anyone can help me find either of my uncles, I would greatly appreciate it! Hiromi & Taeko came to Seattle for my wedding in 1995. I know Kato is a very common name, but maybe someone would recognize the 4 siblings? Thank you!

cocoichi

後輩
Reaction score
Maybe you could try to send a letter to the address, and to some of the neighbours as well (in Japanese of course). Give them your email address and ask them if they could send you an email with some info?