What's new

Looking For Matsubara Miki

shamco

後輩
29 Nov 2004
I used to have a very good friend of mine while studying in Japan who was a very beautiful lady. Her name is Matsubara Miki. I heard she is a famous singer in Japan. Does anyone here know how to contact her? Her phone number, her personal address, or even her email address? I would love to contact her after being away for more than 25 years. Please help me, as I desperately want to know about her, so email me now at email address removed. I think she might be in her early 40s now.

I mean, I want to learn more about you and Miki, how old are you, What courses were you doing during collage with Miki, are you Japanese living in Saudi or you visited Japan just for studies you have any photographs of your and Miki

What's your real name

I mean, I want to learn more about you and Miki, how old are you, What courses were you doing during collage with Miki, are you Japanese living in Saudi or you visited Japan just for studies you have any photographs of your and Miki

What's your real name
I am 69 now and when I met Miki I was 20 and she was 17. I was studying Economics and Business Administration at Sophia University in Tokyo. I am a Saudi but I was on a scholarship in Japan at that time.
I have submitted some of my photos with Miki here in this forum.
My real name is Fahd

Attachments

• IMG_9096.jpeg
    IMG_9096.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_9098.jpeg
    IMG_9098.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_9095.jpeg
    IMG_9095.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_9094.jpeg
    IMG_9094.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 41
My name is Hirak, 35 years old, I am from India, I see Miki San as an Inspiration. I have a dream to go to Japan one day, just to get to know more about culture and music. Hope I get to see her extended family like her cousin and may be her band mate. Miki San is the only reason I'll go to Japan. I have 1000s of question to ask you about you and Miki, but later. Big thank you for your replies, your replies are heart warming. I am so glad to to get in touch with you. Love you and take care of yourself wherever ever you are.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 69 now and when I met Miki I was 20 and she was 17. I was studying Economics and Business Administration at Sophia University in Tokyo. I am a Saudi but I was on a scholarship in Japan at that time.
I have submitted some of my photos with Miki here in this forum.
My real name is Fahd
It's very kind of you to share all this, and give us a glimpse into the past. Studying abroad has had such an impact on my life, as I'm sure it has yours, and the people we meet along the way are what makes it so special. My condolences for your loss, may her memory continue to be a blessing

It's very kind of you to share all this, and give us a glimpse into the past. Studying abroad has had such an impact on my life, as I'm sure it has yours, and the people we meet along the way are what makes it so special. My condolences for your loss, may her memory continue to be a blessing
Mr. Fahd is very kind, just as I said, we have 1000s of questions to ask but it's not possible in a chat session. He should come up with a Blog describing the whole timeline with him and Miki during there college life or the the time they were together.

Mr. Fahd is very kind, just as I said, we have 1000s of questions to ask but it's not possible in a chat session. He should come up with a Blog describing the whole timeline with him and Miki during there college life or the the time they were together.
How did you find out about her and her music?

Nice question, I was wanting to listen to some old hip hop so I searched old hip hop then after few views I got the recommendation of 60s-70s Japanese Instrumental Cinema Funk Breaks & Beats. I would highly recommend you to listen, after listening I got recommendation of J-pop Fantasia Channel from there collection I first heard Plastic Love By Mariya Takeuchi then I heard Mayonakanodoor - Miki Matsubara. I will never forget how I started my J-Pop Journey, god is kind with me to bless me with these songs. Every J-pop singer I listen to feel like part of family. Will listen to these till my last breath. I would love to have a Zoom call meeting with Mr. Fahd(Shamco). It will be like talking to Miki herself

This is by far my favorite Picture of Miki, very innocents, may be before her popularity. I keep on staring at this picture and keep on thinking what really happened before and after taking this picture. This picture has to have a strong back story. Love you Miki

Attachments

• Miki Garden.jpeg
    Miki Garden.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 33
This is by far my favorite Picture of Miki, very innocents, may be before her popularity. I keep on staring at this picture and keep on thinking what really happened before and after taking this picture. This picture has to have a strong back story. Love you Miki
By the way when I met Matsubara Miki she was not famous yet. She had just signed a contract with Victor Recording Studio and she was under intensive training program so I walked with her step by step, supported her, encouraged her until we reached the final stage when she had her first live concert in Roppongi where she performed her smash hit ( Stay With Me ) and other songs that came later in her first album.

By the way when I met Matsubara Miki she was not famous yet. She had just signed a contract with Victor Recording Studio and she was under intensive training program so I walked with her step by step, supported her, encouraged her until we reached the final stage when she had her first live concert in Roppongi where she performed her smash hit ( Stay With Me ) and other songs that came later in her first album.
She is not from Tokyo by the way. She is from Osaka and her family used to live there

wow that's an impressive story, reminds me of the "behind the music" movies they've been making. You should get in touch with Toei and secure rights to your story!

Thank you very much for your valuable reply, your replies are keeping this forum alive. Every piece of information is heartwarming. BTW there are 2 videos of "Stay with me", one is the famous stage performance where she is wearing a black dress and there is another video in which she looks much younger "STAY WITH ME - Miki Matsubara [HITACHI sound break]" the Hitachi video looks like audition tape. I want to know where did that famous performance happened and in which year. your replies made my day, love you. In Koi Suru Saison live she looks so pretty every time I see it bring tears. 🙏🙏🙏

Attachments

• Best.png
    Best.png
    595.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Famous.png
    Famous.png
    580.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Hitachi.png
    Hitachi.png
    564.3 KB · Views: 24
wow that's an impressive story, reminds me of the "behind the music" movies they've been making. You should get in touch with Toei and secure rights to your story!
thank you for your reply, we all need to keep this forum alive and keep on posting here whenever we get time.

Thank you very much for your valuable reply, your replies are keeping this forum alive. Every piece of information is heartwarming. BTW there are 2 videos of "Stay with me", one is the famous stage performance where she is wearing a black dress and there is another video in which she looks much younger "STAY WITH ME - Miki Matsubara [HITACHI sound break]" the Hitachi video looks like audition tape. I want to know where did that famous performance happened and in which year. your replies made my day, love you. In Koi Suru Saison live she looks so pretty every time I see it bring tears. 🙏🙏🙏
How many performances did she gave during stay with me or is that only for that single performance

She is not from Tokyo by the way. She is from Osaka and her family used to live there
IMG_9098.jpeg
I really forgot which year but the first performance is not on YouTube

Back
Top Bottom