What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Looking for book recommendations about daily life in Japan

ufukusan

Yes, that's my real name.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Are there any books that is sort of like compilation of information that is available on forums like this one and others? Basically something like a survival guide with proper cultural etiquette in Japan, and what to do, what to expect, and daily life all blended into one book.

I strolled through the isles at local book store, but honestly those are all "tourist" type books, very basic information and all same type of details. Either that or language/phrases/places to see in Japan. Not really a hand book for reference & understanding daily life..

If there are apps that can do the same thing for Blackberry or iPad, i wouldn't mind trying them as well. I just want to build my knowledge of Japan from the perspective of a native. I also saw a lot of "interesting stuff in Japan" kind of books, those are nice but don't really have much value when you want to learn "Life" in Japan.

haibuihoang

A curious learner
Reaction score
Lonely Planet Guide is a Pretty useful one I think, not only for Japanese but for other country as well. their website is also useful, too.

Top Bottom