What's new

Looking For a Japanese singer for my J-rock band!

Smity

後輩
20 May 2006
hey, im not sure if this is against the rules, i didn't see anywhere saying i couldn't do this so here goes...

My band is looking for a japanese singer for my J-rock band. we are leicester (England) based and haven't been going for too long as you can imagine.

anyone in our area who's interested, let me know.

Just like to add, we have been going since september, but are still currently trying to complete the line-up. A singer/song writer and guitarist are needed to complete the line-up now. Our website can be found at www.nonplayercharacters.co.uk

Also, sorry for my friend posting in the wrong section!

Ahh geez, you guys - I'm in Leicester, and I sing, but I'm not Japanese! 😌 I play guitar too - but can't sing and play guitar at the same time. And if I'm totally honest, my singing is better than my guitar playing. 😊 (I hate to say it, despite having played guitar 10 years :( )

Anyway, although I don't fit the bill, greetings from sunny Leicester! :joyful: :D ~hugs fellow j-rock fans~ I never meet anyone here who likes j-rock :( we ought to walk around carrying signs! :p

I vote to let Kinsao sing---- getting a singer to sing because of their gender and or race is kind of lame... and Kinsao could rock it harder than most people who you might find, simply because they were Japanese.

wait, no one said they have to be japanese, just be able to "Sing" japanese...

Catch my drift ;)

[EDIT] - Although in my first post it did seem like we where looking for a japanese person....sorry ^^

Japanese speaking English or any other race are welcome!

My Japanese skills are only at Level 1, I have to admit! But I can learn lyrics in Japanese - I have a good memory, although of course it takes me longer than learning English lyrics!

If you want to do covers I'm game to give it a try! :p If you're writing your own material, I don't have good enough Japanese language to be able to write lyrics in Japanese. >.< English and French I can manage... XD.

I had voice training for 2 years - this was about 5 years ago now. My natural voice is quite low but that helped to improve my range a lot. 👍
🧑‍🎤
J-rockers of Leicester, unite! 📣 📣 📣 :LOL:

We have a "The Pillows" style to us, with out own things thrown in, and influences from Asain Kung-fu Generation, Audio Karate (An american band), Noodles and a few others.

yukio_michael:
People who look for "male only" singers or "Female only" singers ect are not sexist, or racist in most cases, if they are true musicians, they will be aiming towards a certain sound.

Kinsao: Send me a PM with your MSN or something if you have one, we can have a chat then ;)

just to add on "our sound"

we have a mixture of Punk rock, Rock, Blues and rock and roll and meshed in. hope that helps ^^

It sounds fun! :p
I'm not on msn very often >< but I will send you a mail, Largo. :)
I have to add, I am a female (people often mistake me for a guy online, for some reason! XD). So if you are looking for a male voice, I might find that a bit difficult... XD

oddly enough, i thought you were Male, lol. also, you're 5 years older than me :( meanie!

anyways, male or female doesn't matter, so long as it delivers im happy. besides i'll be the one on the backing vocals ^^

Back
Top Bottom