What's new

looking for a construction or cleaning job as a labour in miyagi prefecture

egetatsuya

welcome to japan
12 Jan 2013
is there anyone who knows how to find a labour job in a construction or as a cleaner in miyagi prefecture ( i already applied to hello work but they said i need jaanese language at least conversational level ) thank you

Ask your wife to get some free job information magazines at 7-11 and call some places for you.

Well, DO YOU HAVE that level of Japanese language? What kind of visa are you on? Spouse of Japanese? Or do you need visa sponsorship?

Profile says spouse visa.

Also ask your wife to help you register with some temporary work agencies (
人材派遣). You can probably get some work unloading trucks through that, or maybe some other work as well.

to glenski.....

Well, DO YOU HAVE that level of Japanese language? What kind of visa are you on? Spouse of Japanese? Or do you need visa sponsorship?

Iam just beginning level in Japanese language . I read and write hiragana and katakana well.I have spouse visa and been living in japan for one month....

---------- Post added at 08:52 ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 ----------

Mike, thank you very much for your answer..

OK someone had to say it. ..

Paint the fence! Wax on wax off!

I'll shut up now :)

No, nobody had to say it. He's a grown man seeking any work he can get so he can provide for himself and his wife. There is dignity in that and it is not something to be made fun of. Let us hope that should you ever be in similar need of help you will get help instead being demeaned by juvenile attempts at humor.

mike you dont need to say anything to ricknz because he is not a human i think, so he can not understand human's language ..... if we learn how to speak about dog language then we might able to talk and understand him....

He's alright. We all say things we later regret. He only meant to have fun.

Yes, no harm intended. Apologies if there was any offence. Seriously though, no one sees why it's funny to have "Miyagi", "cleaning" and "construction" appear in a sentence? Karate Kid, anyone? Nevermind. A one-in-a-million combination of words came up and I made a pop culture reference. Nothing intended towards egetatsuya. But...

mike you dont need to say anything to ricknz because he is not a human i think, so he can not understand human's language ..... if we learn how to speak about dog language then we might able to talk and understand him....

Is this the attitude you are taking with you to your prospective workplaces? If someone makes a joke you don't get or don't like, your repsonse is to call them an inhuman dog? OK then. Good luck!

Is this the attitude you are taking with you to your prospective workplaces? If someone makes a joke you don't get or don't like, your repsonse is to call them an inhuman dog? OK then. Good luck!

Walk a mile in his shoes first. Would you like to know what the hardest task he has is? Trying to maintain a sense of dignity. He is an adult, in a new country where he doesn't know the language, doesn't know the culture, and faces very tough obstacles to earning a living. Everything around him makes him feel about six inches tall. Then he comes here for help...and gets another person robbing him of his dignity so he can have a cheap laugh.

Of course you didn't intend to give offense, but you should think twice before making a stranger's very serious troubles the subject of your jokes.

You knew it was inappropriate when you did it, but you chose to post it anyway.

I am so regret to ask some help from this page... It was wrong choice I think.. iam sorry if I break someone's heart or made upset... I love to joke too but nowadays iam so sensitive to everything.. maybe because of I have begun to live in a new county, I don't know language, I don't know culture, I don't have anyone that I know .. I need to find a job to support my wife and feed up my one year old son... Sorry from everyone

It wasn't the wrong choice. We are glad to have you here and want you to stay here. You are with friends now.

egetatsuya,
Do your best to improve spoken Japanese quickly. Perhaps you can skip Hello Work and just visit construction sites directly and ask whether they will take you. Your spouse visa is not a gold card, but it will allow you to work at any job as long as they feel you can do the work without a lot of language problems (which in the case of construction jobs could be dangerous).
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom