What's new

Look at the moon! Hiraite, chong, chong

Hachiko

後輩
17 Jan 2004
Has anyone heard of Respect for the Aged Day? Seriously, this was the first time I learned about this. Key word: R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Find out what it means to y'all! It's also part of the Bon festival.

My next-door neighbor Kazu-chan was standing in my "genkan." "Amy, I've signed you up to take part in the dance performance on Respect for the Aged Day." This national holiday was observed on Monday, but our island celebrated it on Thursday, the autumnal equinox.
"We only have eight women in our neighborhood who can dance," she said, referring to the yearly decrease in warm bodies on the island. Our neighborhood especially has been dying off in recent years.

Dancing in the Respect for the Aged Day Festival was, I learned, part of our neighborhood obligation, since this year we have "matsuri toban," or festival duty.

Japan Times

I'll respect adults when then realize that everything they see on tevelision isn't true. :gohan:

Hachiko is actually posting his comments in posts now.. Niice..

I respect the aged. Yup. But being a youth, I'd rather enjoy it. Old people had a youth too. So they must deal with the fact that were young now. But I sure wouldn't refuse to take part in Respect for the Aged Day.. I'm quite the dancer.. Heh.

The older you get the more you respect those who have travelled the same path you have. It's not easy being a human, and someone who's been doing it for 80 years is someone to be respected - at least a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom