What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Long term housing in Okinawa?

Tawnytot

後輩
Reaction score
I am currently in Okinawa looking for a teaching position. I am staying at a hotel/lodge that offers a private room but no private kitchen, and is too expensive for me to stay long term. Does anyone know of a place where I can stay for a long period of time (3-5 months) much like a guest house but with private and co-ed facilities? Does a place like this even exist, or do I need to look into renting an apartment? Thanks :)

KirinMan

Sempai
Reaction score
I am currently in Okinawa looking for a teaching position. I am staying at a hotel/lodge that offers a private room but no private kitchen, and is too expensive for me to stay long term. Does anyone know of a place where I can stay for a long period of time (3-5 months) much like a guest house but with private and co-ed facilities? Does a place like this even exist, or do I need to look into renting an apartment? Thanks :)
Where are you at? Have you looked into Leo Palace? Also what type of visa do you have? If you are on a tourist visa you can not legally work, plus not many schools in Okinawa will offer sponsorship either.

Tawnytot

後輩
Reaction score
I am on a tourist visa. I was given advice that I would be able to be sponsored for a work visa once I found a job if it was within the 90 day period. Was I misled?

Glenski

Just me
Reaction score
If you can find an employer willing and able to sponsor you for a work visa, you can apply for the visa up to the end of your 90-day stay, and stay longer until the visa is processed. That is still no guarantee you will find work.

According to the LeoPalace21 web site http://www.eg.leopalace21.com/global02.html
they have accommodations only in 5 cities but the web site shows seven: Asahikawa, Sapporo, Sendai, Niigata, Nagoya, Yokkaichi, and Okayama. iTOWNPAGE came up with the following listings for Okinawa, so LeoPalace needs to update its homepage.
Leopalace 21 Leopalace Center Naha
Real Estate Agents
1-7-1-1F Kumoji, Naha City, Okinawa
tel:098-869-5300
URL:http://www.eg.leopalace21.com/index.html

Leopalace 21 Leopalace Center Okinawa Chubu
Real Estate Agents
Sumiyoshi Bldg. 1F, 1-2-26 Sumiyoshi, Okinawa City, Okinawa
tel:098-934-4401
URL:http://www.eg.leopalace21.com/index.html

Here's a link to iTOWNPAGE so you can search for housing or jobs (or other info) anywhere in Japan.
http://english.itp.ne.jp/index.html

KirinMan

Sempai
Reaction score
I am on a tourist visa. I was given advice that I would be able to be sponsored for a work visa once I found a job if it was within the 90 day period. Was I misled?
I think it depends upon who was giving you that information in the first place. I would also recommend that you contact immigration if you are seriously concerned about this.

Oh a Glenski is right on one thing here, Leo Palace needs to update their homepage because there happen to be a few other locations for them in Okinawa that are not listed.

Glenski

Just me
Reaction score
Do you know those other locations, KirinMan? iTOWNPAGES obviously needs an update if I could not find them all, too.

KirinMan

Sempai
Reaction score
Do you know those other locations, KirinMan? iTOWNPAGES obviously needs an update if I could not find them all, too.
There are well over 100 different locations in Okinawa for Leo Palace.
Leo Palace has according to their website
59 locations in Naha City

9 in Itoman City

27 in Okinawa City

9 in Uruma City

20 in Ginowan City

6 in Urasoe City

13 in Nago

5 in Tomigusuku City

That's 8 cities right there along with the following;

10 in Central Okinawa( Nakagami Gun)

5 in Southern Okinawa (Shimajiri Gun)

There is a lot of updating that needs to be done.

Glenski

Just me
Reaction score
Thanks, KirinMan. I hope the OP can read Japanese. I was looking only on the English version of the web site, which might explain a lot.

Top Bottom