What's new

lifetime employment

negina

後輩
7 Nov 2012
Hi everyone,
I've got a question about lifetime contracts.
Is there any practice of making such contracts to retain a skilled staff?
Are there any examples of contract provisions stating the commitment to lifetime employment in exchange for some additional benefits?

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Lifetime employment refers to people remaining with the same employer instead of job hopping. It doesn't refer to some modern version of voluntary indentured servitude or serfdom.

No employer or employee would be idi0t enough to bind themselves with a device like a "lifetime contract".

Lifetime employment refers to people remaining with the same employer instead of job hopping. It doesn't refer to some modern version of voluntary indentured servitude or serfdom.

No employer or employee would be idi0t enough to bind themselves with a device like a "lifetime contract".
Thanks!

Let me google that for you
...or you could have done it yourself.
Hi Glenski. Thanks for joining but there's no need to be smarty.
I did google it but didn't find anything saying if it's a legal thing or not.

As long as both parties consent to it, I am sure it is technically legal in most contries. Although I can't see why either party would want to sign such a contract. Especially the employer as it might mean they have to keep you when they do not wish to.

As long as both parties consent to it, I am sure it is technically legal in most contries. Although I can't see why either party would want to sign such a contract. Especially the employer as it might mean they have to keep you when they do not wish to.
The employer might want to do that to keep a valuable employee from looking at other companies. In exchange for the employee's loyalty the company may provide them with some additional perks.
So I was curious as to whether it was a real practice in Japan, whether there actually might be such a clause in the employment contract.

Back
Top Bottom