What's new

Letter to the University

Konsotra

後輩
29 Oct 2014
Hello everyone.
I have an ask to help me with writing a letter to the University. I am good nor in keigo neither in grammar that uses in such cases.

"Dear University,

My name is ___, I would like to be admitted to the ___ at your University for the next academic year.

Could you please specify what kind of research can be conducted by a student within ___ program? For example, if I would like to investigate ___, does this topic suitable for the _program_?
Best regards,
____"

Please also notify if this structure match to the purpose.
Thank you.

Are you trying to apply directly to a university? Is this for a master's program? Are you soliciting information or are you announcing your intent to apply?

Also, are you trying to misrepresent your Japanese ability in having others write this for you? Why don't you give it a shot first?

___大学様

"Name"です。次のアカデミックイヤーの"department"部で勉強したいと思ってます。

質問ですが、この"~~~"プログラムではどのような研究が行われているか具体的に教えてくれませんか?
僕は"topic"を研究したいのですが、このトピックはこのプログラムで勉強するのに相応しいでしょうか?
お世話になります。

Not bad (bear in mind I'm not a native speaker, nor do I write many formal letters)

I'd go with ~大学の○○学部の皆様へ、
○○と申します来年、○○学部で勉強したいと思ってます。

質問ですが (not sure if this is necessary but i don't see anything wrong with it)、○○プログラムではどのような研究が行われているかもっと詳しく説明してくれませんか?
僕は"topic"を研究したいのですが、そちらのプログラムで勉強するのに相応しいでしょうか?
お世話になります。

Unless you know the people at the university in person, I would write XX大学御中 (御中 is an honorific used when addressing to an organization)
If you know the name of the faculty, then XX大学ZZZ学部御中

And for the closing of a letter, よろしくお願いいたします would fit better unless you were already accepted by the university - if that is the case, お世話になります could be used, though I would stick to よろしくお願いいたします。

Back
Top Bottom