What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

Learning Japanese Faster

SaikyoJoe

後輩
Reaction score
My little nephew came visiting the other day. He is still in grade school and in the process of learning japanese. He is from Jugoslavia and is experiencing a heavy toll on learning the language.

I just picked it up naturally. Unfortunately I do not have any time tutoring him.
For general guidance, sure thing. But for other purposes or the actual learning, there's just not enough time. Not so much that there is a problem anywhere, you know. He is a really bright kid.

Is there any proven method or going through the basic course that is perhaps easier for others than it was you, yourself? Or did you go through several stages of both written and oral exams?

You know. How did you actually learn the language?

Thanks

lanthas

Reaction score
What heavy toll is he experiencing specifically (despite being such a bright kid)? Messing up grammar? Forgetting vocabulary?

nice gaijin

Resident Realist
Donor
Reaction score
Is he in Singapore as well? Lack of exposure to the language can slow down learning.

mdchachi

Reaction score
It's very difficult to learn it effectively outside the country.

What does grade school mean? In U.S. it usually means first to sixth grade (ages 5-11).

Jugoslavia doesn't exist any more. Even when it did, I don't think most people from there said they were "Yugoslavian."

Top Bottom