What's new

Lastest Ghibli News

tasuki

先輩
22 Apr 2003
Studio Ghibli (some people would be very happy at this free advertisement...), the forerunner in Japanese animation has set the release of its latest creation "hauru no ugoku shiro" (Howl's moving castle) for summer 2004. It will also mark the 20th anniversary of the release of Nausicaa. To give fans a taste of this, there is currently a Ghibli exhibition at the Tokyo Contemporary Art Museum. Amongst other things (Kids can board the cat bus of Totoro...), a huge replica of the castle in the latest Ghibli production is on display. See the picture on this site.

http://www.ntv.co.jp/ghibli/info_y2/

There are also other news, if you have any questions about them, just buzz me.

After all the accolades Spirited Away recieved, I am interested to see how much success Howl's Moving Castle will receive as a follow up. Of course, all Ghibli movies are successful but right now, Spirited Away is the standard bearer.

Mmm, that's an interesting question. I don't know. I'm still dubious about the intentions of Disney to sincerely promote and distribute the Ghibli productions for which they bought the rights. I mean, despite all the good reviews it received, "Spirited" was not projected on many screens across the US before the Oscars. That changed somewhat after the Oscars, but it was still way below average for an award-winning movie.

Back
Top Bottom