What's new

Last week to Japan, any tips

Davey

先輩
Contributor
5 Feb 2005
Finnaly.. after waiting such a long time ( for around 1.5/2 years) i am leaving to Japan wednesday the 13th!!!! :nihonjin: i will finnaly see my fiancee again, havnt seen her for 7 months :( ... and i will stay there for a month.... 🙂 🙂

i will be in Kobe, for holiday, looking for work, having fun, learning japanese... and aaaaaaaah be with my Fiancee, and i get married with her on the 3th of AUgust....!!!!! :romance:

thanks everybody from this forum, for you help, your laugh, and the serieus talks!!!! i can not thank everybody in person, because that would be to many people.... so you guys THANK YOU... 📣

and my qeustion is... do you guys have some last tips/hints for me,, what to do, what not to do.. or to bring with me etc etc... :joyful:

Thanks you guys :D

btw if you are interested in it, you can follow my trip on this website : The Dutch Baka

Hummm, I Wonder If........

we can hold an on-line bachelor's party for you? Boy what a great month in your life it's going to be !! Going to Japan "AND" getting married to the girl of your dreams, CONGRATS & GOOD LUCK !!

Frank

👍 😎 📣 :gulp: :win: :cracker: 🍾 😄

PS - You'll have to post your wedding photos for us to see !

Oh~ Dave! You are leaving for Japan in a week! I'm very excited for you. You can finaly reunite with your fiance, that is so great! :cracker:🍾👍

I'll just say, have a safe trip! I hope everthing goes well for you. I respect your decision, determination and your hard work to make things happen. You're awsome!

I hope you get lots of romantic moment with your lovely fiance! 😊
I sure will check your blog to see how things are going for you in Japan!

Frank D. White said:
PS - You'll have to post your wedding photos for us to see !

If your feeling really bold you could post pics of the honeymoon! 😌

Gaaaaaa...who said that???? Best of luck! 🙂

CC1 said:
If your feeling really bold you could post pics of the honeymoon! 😌

Gaaaaaa...who said that???? Best of luck! 🙂

well... i have to explain here.. because of money and time.. we are just getting married for the papers now.. and when we live together, we will have this ceremonie, and party, and my familie will come...

wish it was differnt, but its just the way it is now... ( but yeah, we go on honnymoon to Kyoto, nara. some ryokan ( i say good)

and uuuh would love to send you that photo's ... and she is so dammm.. HUBA HUBA.. ( especialy when she have this ..... oww i talk to much now...)

thanks you guys for all the lovely posts 🙂

mmm i backpack my bags, but i have the feeling i forgot something.... what is most important to bring??????

Most important is to make sure you bring with you any papers required for getting married. I don't know what is required, but I do know you don't want to be near the end of your trip, go to get married, and be told you have to have some paper from your home country (together with a translation) in order to complete the procedure. So please check and double-check before you leave Holland.

Have fun in Japan DB. Tell us all about it, even tell us if you make a cultural mistake. 😊 It can happen, but I'm sure everything will be fine. I kind of envy you in a way, I mean you're 20 and getting married. And you're going to Japan and you get to speak Japanese with Japanese people 😊 That is so wonderful!!! :)

Yay For Dutch Baka!

👍 Thats so fantastic! You're getting married too! How wonderful!
Think of all that okonomiyaki you can eat! You're going to have the best time! I hope the silly rain stops so that you can have an even more wonderful time with the love of your life!
All the best, keep in touch! 🙂 😍 :romance: :hanabi: :cracker: 🎊 🕺 🕺 :sing: 📣 🧑‍🎤 :music2: :gulp: :music:

Kara_Nari said:
👍 Thats so fantastic! You're getting married too! How wonderful!
Think of all that okonomiyaki you can eat! You're going to have the best time! I hope the silly rain stops so that you can have an even more wonderful time with the love of your life!
All the best, keep in touch! 🙂 😍 :romance: :hanabi: :cracker: 🎊 🕺 🕺 :sing: 📣 🧑‍🎤 :music2: :gulp: :music:

well i asked her if she could make okonamiyaki the first evening, with some nice beers 🙂 thanks all ya guys!!

"So please check and double-check before you leave Holland."
i think he should contact both embassies also

The best thing would be to have his fiance go down to the city hall where they plan to register the marriage and ask what documents they will require.

Dutch Baka, can you send me some Okonomiyaki? Whereabouts in Japan will you be?
Just kidding, have a fantastic time! You're so lucky :D

well, by the time I am writing this you are on your flight or will have it within the upcoming hours, and probably are very excited now.
I am leaving for Japan within 2 weeks from now and I am already excited and nervous (I'm not getting married, pure vacation and exploring purpose) haha

well, good luck to you and keep in touch with us when possible!

thanks all you people for the nice tips, and luck wishes. i will be departing my city in around 5 hours from now, so last things i should aragange...

yes i checked everything double and double and double ( and if i still forget something.. well maybe i should change my name in ichiban dutch baka???? :?)

as i said before, you guys can follow me on dutchbaka.blogspot.com and i will post here if i have time ( ill make time for Jref hahaha) ....

thanks again, and see you soon

good luck all ya people who will go also this summer, or later the year... , for the people who wont go .. well your time will come someday.

Wish you the best of luck, Dave! Have a safe and fun-filled trip! I'm sure you will, since you are getting married. That should be pretty fun and eventful! It's early morning here, ok. Forgive me if I don't make much sense... :p

Anyway, you take care and take pictures....and then share the pictures! 👍

We'll miss you! 🙂

I see you travel trough brussels, remember to check in at least 2 hours before BOARDING time for intercontinental flights, that is the departure time minus 40 minutes.

especially now in july it is peak season, just warning you, because I had an ugly experience with that a few weeks ago when I travelled to Dubai in the UAE, it was also via Brussels
I barely made the flight but I had a LOT of stress...

I think stress is the least you would need at this moment :D

and good luck!!!!!!!!!

syntax said:
I see you travel trough brussels, remember to check in at least 2 hours before BOARDING time for intercontinental flights, that is the departure time minus 40 minutes.

especially now in july it is peak season, just warning you, because I had an ugly experience with that a few weeks ago when I travelled to Dubai in the UAE, it was also via Brussels
I barely made the flight but I had a LOT of stress...

I think stress is the least you would need at this moment :D

and good luck!!!!!!!!!
haha i dont worrie about checking in, cause i will be on the airport 9 hours before 11,55 hour before flying 🙂 🙂 🙂 ( just hope i can put my laptop in a power somewhere.. lets play some nice game hahaha...

thanks kirei sweetheart!!! luck i wish you 🙂

oh yes you can, you can even surf the internet in the A and B pier of the airport, not for free but you can buy scratchcards in the shops to access the internet there.

just in case you wanted to know...

I arrived!!! YATTA

i arrived in japan last friday.. soo happy i am. was great to see my girl again, even it felt a bit strange in the beginning cause we havnt seen each other for 7 months, but after 1 hour being together it felt like i saw her everyday.

the parents are verry kind to me, and haha the serieus talk we had about my future with mayuko went really good. her dad gave me some asahi beer, maybe that did it ( asahi ichi ban!!!) on the end of our talk , i asked her father if i could marry mayuko and he said yes of course you can. this made me soo happy as a was really nervouse to ask this to him.

the city of kobe is really great and i enjoy it a lot!!! we went to china town, shopping in the city ( mayuko did... but haha you know how woman are.. she explained to me about japanese woman and bags.. thank god she is not like that anymore... what a waist of money that is i think ne...) and we went to the Ikuta Shrine were we wrote a message on a piece of wood.

i put more about this first days, and photos on dutchbaka.blogspot.com

bye bye 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

Heeey, Dave!

It's so good to hear that things are going super for you in Japan! I'm so happy for you that her dad gave you permission to marry her. That's wonderful!
👍 :cracker: 😄
I told you they would love you!

I know what you mean by feeling a bit strange seeing your fiance for the first time after being separated for a while but feel so happy to be together again after a few minutes. I felt exactly like that.

Enjoy being and seeing the coutry where you longed to be, and have a great, great time with your fiance!

Back
Top Bottom