What's new

Language learning packages

14 Jul 2010
I have been self studying the japanese language for about a year and a half and have hit a bit of a rut. I have been researching rosetta stone and free alternaives such as livemocha however, there are serious limitations to these in that the rules on how to say some thing are strict.
I started with a introduction course at my college which really was awesome. However, moving to uni ment i couldn't go to those classes anymore and i decided to use books my old teacher advised me on.

I have been using 'An intergrated course in elementry japanese (genki)' and although they are really helpful in writing and reading. i feel that i am lacking in the speaking and listening.

Is there any other helpful packages (that done burn a hole in my purse) that can help me with listening and speaking other than rosetta stone and livemocha?

Haha, I just replied to another thread you posted in :p.
Well, You could try "Instant Immersion Japanese: Levels 1, 2 &3". It cost me about $50 at a bookstore. Granted I haven't actually used it yet, but the box says they offer a money back guarantee, "You may return Instant Immersion Levels 1, 2 & 3 with a valid receipt directly to TOPICS Entertainment up to six months from the original date of purchase." It might be worth a shot.
Does your university not offer Japanese courses? That's sad if they don't :(

Back
Top Bottom