What's new

Korn,nu-metal and hardcore fans,rude and ignorant

Dream Time

後輩
20 Jul 2003
Korn just finished performing a show in Hong Kong yesterday

the opening act was Paul Wong, a very popular Chinese rock singer/guitarist,who is in the legendary Chinese rock band Beyond

while Paul was performing,
some Korn fans,white guys,shouted at Paul with remarks like "fuxkin Hong Kong idol", "go back home","Boyzone","Paul Wong is fuxking shxt"

Paul's music is not 'hard' like Korn,
but he and the band Beyond has done alot for the Hong Kong music and local band scene,thats why so many HK music fans respect them

this is not the first time I've seen nu-metal and hardcore music fans said things like this,in sites like guitar.com,I have seen those fans dissing other bands,even dissing musicians like Steve Vai,Joe Satriani

of course,not all nu-metal and hardcore fans are like this,
but there is some amount of those fans,they do not know how to appreciate music,they are rude,ignorant,stupid

if you only like hardcore and you don't understand Chinese,
fine,but atleast give some respect to a musician who really tries hard to make good music

They don't know how to appreciate talent. I'm not surprised coming from people who like Korn.

I cant believe that people would put down Joe Satriani, or Steve Vai.

This is one of the few things in existence that really angers me; disrespect to incredible musicians.

Goddess, speaking of Vai, I met him once at a music camp in LA. It was such an honour. And I got to see Satriani in SF a few years ago at the Fillmore. Another incredible honour.

That was extremely rude of them dissing that guy. The korn fans that I know are very nice people, they have goof manners and I'm sure they wouldn't do anything like that. The most rude popel I know mostly listen to rap music. But thats just my area.

Stop stereotyping. The majority of the Earth's population is ignorant and intolerant, not just nu-metal fans.
Oh, and Korn were once known for being one of the most person-friendly bands around. Apart from the trivialities of letting the fans direct their videos, choose which songs they release as singles, design album covers and decide their live play-lists, there's the well-documented case of a terminally ill boy requesting to meet them for a few minutes. They gave him more than a few minutes, visiting him every day till his death and dedictating a song to him ('Justin' on Follow the Leader)

Originally posted by Old School
Problem is, Korn aren't cool either.
...which is the kind of unsupported, totalinarianistic statement which eventually leads to that kind of situation in the first place...

Nope, I'd say
'...which is the kind of unsupported, totalitarianistic statement which eventually leads to that kind of situation in the first place...'
Which indeed I did say...

howabe said:
Stop stereotyping. The majority of the Earth's population is ignorant and intolerant, not just nu-metal fans.

nope I was not stereotyping
I said there are 'some of those nu-metal fans' acts this way
not all of them.

Yes, and there's most likely the same proportion of fans of other forms of music, not just the poptasticism that is nu-metal...

Back
Top Bottom